one more thing sir...

By smeagol492, in Battlelore

So...one more question:What's the difference between the first edition and the second edition of BattleLore?i read on BGG that the box's texture is different,most miniatures are less bent.And is it true that in the second edition there are no more card stands? llorando.gif --those looked cool.Also I read that there are different dice(I'm thinking more resistant --so that there won't be a "dice replacement" program) and some fixed scenarios?this is what I found on the Internet.maybe some of you guys can clear things for me.

I only have the "first edition" game, so take the following with a grain of salt: There are card stands in the 2nd edition, just two fewer for a total of eight instead of 10 that came with the 1st edition. This was to make more room for the figures so there would be less bending in the box.

In my opinion, the differences between the replacement dice (presumeably the same dice that come with the 2nd edition) and the 1st edition dice were neglible - both need to be coated in some fashion or are subject to significant wear/smudging/etc.

There might be a correction or two more than this, but I think it's adventure 9 that had two hobgoblin archer units on the pennants side, when only the one in the right section was meant to be hobgoblin, the one in the left was intended to be human.

thanks happy.gif

I also only have 2 copies of the first edition. But it seems Todd covered everything that I was aware of.

The "missing" card stands really aren't needed as the remaining 4 per side are sufficient. The additional 2 holders were meant for Epic to hold the community hand. But you can either lay these on the table or steal the card holders from memoir.

ColtsFan76 said:

The "missing" card stands really aren't needed as the remaining 4 per side are sufficient. The additional 2 holders were meant for Epic to hold the community hand. But you can either lay these on the table or steal the card holders from memoir.

I haven't tried cramming in 3 cards per stand, but for the cards to stand alone, you can only have 2 per stand. With potentially 6 command cards and 4 lore cares, this equals 5 stands.

dcorban said:

ColtsFan76 said:

I haven't tried cramming in 3 cards per stand, but for the cards to stand alone, you can only have 2 per stand. With potentially 6 command cards and 4 lore cares, this equals 5 stands.

This means you would have a Level 3 Commander and a Level 3 Lore master and that's it on your War Council. And that definitely possible. I have found in most cases, the number is left and 8 cards is most typical. Either people play with a Level 1 or 2 Commander or cap Lore masters at 2, or don't always have the full complement of Lore cards.

FWIW, I usually organize my cards so one holder is with the left flank, the center, the right flank, and then Lore cards.

that's a nice way to organise things.haven't played the game yet,I was wondering,if you do organise the cards like that,then doesn't your opponent get information about the cards you are holding?I mean if he sees no cards on your left card holder,it means he will have no worries on your left flanc,right?just some quick thoughts on what I read.

claudiu_wings said:

that's a nice way to organise things.haven't played the game yet,I was wondering,if you do organise the cards like that,then doesn't your opponent get information about the cards you are holding?I mean if he sees no cards on your left card holder,it means he will have no worries on your left flanc,right?just some quick thoughts on what I read.

gran_risa.gif

A couple things:

• My face-to-face opponents don't know how I am organizing things. I am only telling you since we aren't likely to play face-to-face and my F2F opponents aren't likely to be on here.
  • I use the tactic cards, which belong to no section to fill in any gaps. So if I was light on my left side, I would store my tactic cards there.
  • If it is too obvious in game, I do slide them all over, in order, to the left anyway. But I always keep the Lore cards on the 4th holder no matter what.

ColtsFan76 said:

claudiu_wings said:

gran_risa.gif

A couple things:

• My face-to-face opponents don't know how I am organizing things. I am only telling you since we aren't likely to play face-to-face and my F2F opponents aren't likely to be on here.
  • I use the tactic cards, which belong to no section to fill in any gaps. So if I was light on my left side, I would store my tactic cards there.
  • If it is too obvious in game, I do slide them all over, in order, to the left anyway. But I always keep the Lore cards on the 4th holder no matter what.

For instance, let's say you had 6 command cards and they happen to be 2 tactic cards, 3 left side cards and 1 right side cards. What Brian is saying is that he would put the 2 left on the left holder, the other left and 1 tactic card in the middle holder and the other tactic and 1 right side card in the right holder . I do believe that is what Brian is saying - just because he doesn't have any middle section cards doesn't mean he keeps the middle holder vacant and thus relay to his opponent the fact that he has none (and thus his opponent can attack willy nilly in that section w/o repocussions <sp>)

Cab

got it happy.gif .I told you guys,I am waiting to buy the game soon,haven't played it yet.Right now,I'm just getting more familiar to the game and reading some tips.I mean I read the rulebook,but that isn't enough to fully understand the game lengua.gif .Can't wait to buy it gran_risa.gif

ColtsFan76 said:

dcorban said:

ColtsFan76 said:

FWIW, I usually organize my cards so one holder is with the left flank, the center, the right flank, and then Lore cards.

Really? your not paranoid about people decoding your rack and learning what flank your weak on?

Read my reply that I posted later. gran_risa.gif

Plus there are the things you can do when an opponent thinks they have your "code" figured out :)