Wendy Adams chaos token cancelling ability

By cwlborg, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Hi there,

I have a rules question about Wendy Adams chaos token cancelling abilty. It states "once per test/ability". What exactly does that mean? Can you use it only on e.g. one combat test per game? Or can you use it once on each of multiple/different combat tests per game?

I hope this can be cleared up.

Have a nice weeekend everyone

cwlborg

Edited by cwlborg
improved wording

As long as you have cards to pitch, you can use it once on every test in the game, but you cannot "pull a token, pitch a card, pull another token, pitch another card, pull a third token" on a single test. That second token pull is final (barring other abilities).

Edit: grammar

Edited by Eeyogre

Huh. If you're not paying attention, her name reads "Wednesday Addams". Aaaaaaand now I can't unsee it.

Every time you perform a new test you get to use her ability again. But only once during that test.

Perhaps this video might help.

https://youtu.be/CKjdqhzNfls

Thank you all for the answers.

I have another question. The ability part of the phrase test/ability indicates that she can also cancel a chaos token drawn for abilties.

Does that mean she can cancel a chaos token drawn for e.g. the action listed on the location clover club cardroom ?

Edited by cwlborg
not done posting / pressed "save" too early
9 hours ago, cwlborg said:

I have another question. The ability part of the phrase test/ability indicates that she can also cancel a chaos token drawn for abilties.

Does that mean she can cancel a chaos token drawn for e.g. the action listed on the location clover club cardroom ?

Wendy’s reaction is “when you reveal a chaos token” so it may be used any time that you are revealing a token, not just during skill tests. The triggered ability on Clover Club Cardroom instructs you to “reveal a random chaos token” and is therefore a valid target for Wendy’s redraw reaction.

On 10/5/2020 at 5:07 PM, Duciris said:

Huh. If you're not paying attention, her name reads "Wednesday Addams". Aaaaaaand now I can't unsee it.

I also now can't get that out of my head when I read her name. Every time I see it in print now I read it as Wednesday.