Ant-Man and Wasp general discussion (and packaging questions)

By maniakmedic, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I never played the Transformers TCG, so I have no idea how the folding cards for them were packaged. Do you guys think the packaging for Ant-Man and Wasp will be more like what we've seen for the MC scenarios in order to ship the hero cards unfolded?

45 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

I never played the Transformers TCG, so I have no idea how the folding cards for them were packaged. Do you guys think the packaging for Ant-Man and Wasp will be more like what we've seen for the MC scenarios in order to ship the hero cards unfolded?

The cards will be folded. They were talking about it during the livestream. The cards won't lie flat at first, but should flatten out over time.

Ultrapro makes sleeves the correct size (Transformers & maybe oversized MTG cards). You can buy (or make) custom sleeves for the Transformer Combiner sets. These would "persuade" the cards to lie flat unfolded. The Marvel Champion cards will have an advantage over the Transformer cards in that neither side is foiled, so they shouldn't suffer additional curling problems from one face having shrunk and puckering the face.

il_794xN.1780932098_d2jm.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/669261778/custom-transformers-tcg-sliding-combiner?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=transformers+combiner&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

Huh, I must have missed that part. I'm not worried about the folding. I'm pretty careful with my things - I have paperback books I've read that don't look like they've been read at all - so I'm not worried about the longevity of the cards.