Puzzles and resources

By Ace_of_Spades, in Game Masters

I am new in this whole roleplay world. I played Imperial Assault as an imperial player, and my wife loves the Big Bang Theory. So when she noticed the roleplaying game in that show, she asked: Darlin could you do something like this for me?

I had no choice; as you see, I had to start to be a GM. The resources here in this forum helped me a lot, and I decided to share my stuff as well to help others.

It is not much yet, but I am planning to expand it.

My first puzzle is useful if the players roll high advatage but no sucess on an electronical lock or hack in a system and you wanted them to help. You can say they did not opened the lock but they get aces to the system so they can find out how to open it from the inside.

Its based on the sudoku game and i created an "arubesh-translator" for this. You can enter your own sudoku with the dificuklty of your choice and mark 4 empty cell with colors. The system opens with the "pincode" of this 4 digit.

II created a datapad as well. Cutted out the screen, and clipped it to a cardoard so i can switch the sudoku matrix in each session/or lock.

The datapad "hides" the translation code for arubesh.

If you are nice print an empty sudoku matrix for your players because they will translate the arubesh back to numbers. It is part of the fun :)

It is how it looks like:

datapad-print.png

And this is where you find the print quality stuff (font included):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1P3szn1dXEyG6rAZxGYa7sLv0ICOg4TtS?usp=sharing

Edited by Ace_of_Spades

Very interesting. I can tell you put a lot of love into this.

As a side note, based on the title, I was expecting an example of a player handing the GM a puzzle to solve.

On 10/1/2020 at 5:23 AM, kaosoe said:

Very interesting. I can tell you put a lot of love into this.

I hope your players see that too :)