Which Books are useful for a Saga Edition GM?

By HeavensThunderHammer, in Game Masters

Hi All,

I'm running a saga edition game and own all the Saga Edition books. I am curious which books offer a lot in the way of Lore, or interesting rules subsections (i.e. Podracing, Gambling, Stronghold development, anything really etc) that add something neat to the game. Also, I'm always curious about the quality of any adventure paths. The storyline is set in the "Dark Times" after the creation of the Empire.

(The storyline is a single player game about a SWTOR Jedi thrown whom after defeating a Sith Lord inventing a time machine, is thrown forward in time thousands of years.)

Suns of Fortune delves into the Corellia Sector, while Lords of Nal Hutta deals with Hutt Space. The Dawn of Rebellion book covers the state of the galaxy towards the later end of the Dark Times, circa the Rebels cartoon and just prior to the events of Rogue One, and includes a fair bit of lore on the Empire and the Rebellion as they exist at that time.

Beyond that, most of rules subsections probably won't be a lot of help unless you're willing to put in a lot of work converting them to a d20-based system. That said, Endless Vigil has a good section on running urban-based encounters that's fairly rules-light, and Stay on Target has a lot of ideas that could be used to spice up starship encounters. There's probably others in the various career-based splats, but it's been a long time since I've looked at the GM sections of those books that nothing really leaps out.

You can't go wrong with Nexus of Power for all those lovely Jedi Temples and how they aged since the time skip. Strongholds of resistances talk a lot about rebel bases.