Aat

By shuntley, in Rules

Can an AAT move through an AAT, the rrg says that a unit cannot move through a hover ground unit because it’s treated as a ground vehicle unless it is a repulsor which the AAT is

Yes, and you gave the reason why.

No, because Hover: Ground units are treated as ground vehicles by other units at all times.

In addition to the above effects, a unit with hover: ground Is treated as a ground vehicle by other units. This applies at all times, including during other units’ activations and during this unit’s own activation.

11 minutes ago, SailorMeni said:

No, because Hover: Ground units are treated as ground vehicles by other units at all times.

In addition to the above effects, a unit with hover: ground Is treated as a ground vehicle by other units. This applies at all times, including during other units’ activations and during this unit’s own activation.

You are incorrect because Repulsor Vehicles can move through Ground Vehicles (as well as all other movement types).

Have you even read my post and the rules quote it contains??

Hover: Ground vehicles are treated as ground vehicles by other units. Ground vehicles cannot move through and be moved through by other ground vehicles.

No they cannot,
third bullet on hover ground:

While a unit with hover: ground moves it is treated
as a ground vehicle and will displace trooper units that are able to be displaced. It can move through other repulsor vehicles but cannot move through ground vehicles or trooper units that cannot be displaced. Refer to the movement rules for ground vehicles when moving through other units.

When aat A goes to move through aat B, aat A is a repulse vehicle but aat B would be treated as a ground vehicle.

The simplest explanation to Hoover Ground:
- treat it as ground vehicle in all the cases except moving through terrain were you treat it as repulsor vehicle

6 hours ago, Shadowhawk252 said:

No they cannot,
third bullet on hover ground:

While a unit with hover: ground moves it is treated
as a ground vehicle and will displace trooper units that are able to be displaced. It can move through other repulsor vehicles but cannot move through ground vehicles or trooper units that cannot be displaced. Refer to the movement rules for ground vehicles when moving through other units.

When aat A goes to move through aat B, aat A is a repulse vehicle but aat B would be treated as a ground vehicle.

Theeeeere it is. I was wrong. I was focusing more on the fourth paragraph down on the right side of page 47, which states " A unit with hover: ground is only treated as a ground vehicle by other units . For all other game effects, the unit is still a repulsor vehicle." I got hung up on that and missed the part you quoted two paragraphs up.

Edited by arnoldrew
7 hours ago, SailorMeni said:

Have you even read my post and the rules quote it contains??

Hover: Ground vehicles are treated as ground vehicles by other units. Ground vehicles cannot move through and be moved through by other ground vehicles.

Yes, I read it. While I am incorrect due to the rule referenced above, the rule you're quoting has nothing to do with what is being discussed. It is treated as a Ground Vehicle by other units (italic emphasis is in the RRG text). That does not have an effect when it is moving, since the other unit isn't doing anything. However it's all moot due to the referenced paragraph on page 47.

The movement rules for these new tanks are a total cluster ****.