Wishlist

By lunitic501, in Star Wars: Legion

1 hour ago, Fourtytwo said:
9 hours ago, costi said:

Remember that Disney can also influence their release schedule to a certain extent (they did ask for OP Luke and Vader to be released earkier than planned).

I don't buy that Disney would ask for Padmé and Cad Bane to be released BEFORE Anakin and Ahsoka, so in that case I won't let FFG off the hook so easily unless evidence to the contrary is presented to me. :D

The Luke/Vader release demanded by Disney remains one of the strangest moves in Legion. Some of the first units after CW faction came out were to make Luke even stronger lol. So them giving GAR Padme and CIS two expensive operators before a cheap commander could be the fault of anyone lol......................... Still like the Cad Bane choice tho, but a little too soon lol. Maul I have a problem with still.

9 hours ago, Nithorian said:
9 hours ago, lologrelol said:

I'd like to see GAR and CIS get fully fleshed out rosters before they do anything new. So 4+ commanders, 2+ ops, 3 specials, 3 support, 2 heavies.

Given how slow their releases are I don't think we'll get that. In games like this to keep it fresh you need to keep producing new product and even though they are older factions you can't leave Rebel and Empire players high and dry for a year to catch up the new factions.

The sad part about all of this is that in peak Legion they were doing 8 units a quarter (in theory since I think most were delayed). 6 for CW and 2 for GCW. Doing some hard math that would have allowed GAR/CIS to catch up sometime in late 2021 to where Empire/Rebels were . Which would of meant new new faction(s) for Gencon/Christmas ............................ Don't think that is going to happen now since we are maybe down to 2 units a quarter. Who knows now?!?!?

If they did subfactions they wouldnt need to wait for CIS/GAR to catchup because every subfaction release would also be a main army release

22 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I was thinking of a unit of 3 Jedi, 2 wounds each. Jump 1, Red Defense, Deflect, Surge to crit

either Red and white each with pierce 1 or 1B 2W each with pierce 1 each. (so if one guy dies you lose a 1/3 of your pierce and dice)

You could upgrade with a jedi master and have Master of the Force 1 for 30pts or something. kit them out with some force upgrades and maybe a training or gear slot.

I would swap the values around a bit. 2 Jedi, 3 health each. Or one Jedi, 4-5 health. They should be a bit sturdier than Royal Guardsman, after all. I agree with the defensive dice and deflect, because Jedi.

Dice would be 1R, 2B, 1W, Critical 2, Impact 1 or two, Pierce 1. I'd bake Master of the Force 1 in, as it's pretty necessary for most Force Powers. The named upgrades could either give them a higher attack, abilities, upgrade slots, etc.

50 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I would swap the values around a bit. 2 Jedi, 3 health each. Or one Jedi, 4-5 health. They should be a bit sturdier than Royal Guardsman, after all. I agree with the defensive dice and deflect, because Jedi.

Dice would be 1R, 2B, 1W, Critical 2, Impact 1 or two, Pierce 1. I'd bake Master of the Force 1 in, as it's pretty necessary for most Force Powers. The named upgrades could either give them a higher attack, abilities, upgrade slots, etc.

4 dice each is pretty vicious. I was thinking the Pierce would be the scary part. I think either one could work. I was hoping for 3 different models. I'd hope they would follow the Inferno Squad or Mandolorian Rebels model and have at least 6 different figures in the set (2 units) and way more options for different poses, 1 handed, 2 handed, double or 1 each type of lightsabers. Multiple options for heads different species etc.

Republic - Mace Windu, Cody, Utapau Airborne Clones, 41st Scout Troopers, Jedi Warriors

Separatists - Geonosians, Dwarf Spider Droid, Magnaguards, Jango Fett

Empire - Tarkin, Probe Droids, Greedo, Garindan

Rebels - Lando, Rebel Pilots, Saw's Militia, Ewoks, T-16 Skyhopper

Neutral - Tusken Raiders, Bantha, Jawas

6 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

They should definitely not have 3 health each theyre not wookiees.

They should have 2 health like royal guards. Royal Guards have lightsaber resistant weapons and lightsaber resistant armor and are trained to fight Jedi. They are easily on par with most Jedi Knights.

At 2 health each the whole unit would have 6 health. Thats fine. They should certainly have less health than a named character like Vader or Luke.

And they should absolutely not have an attack dice pool better than Vader or Luke. Vader should certainly be way scarier than a unit of 3 Jedi Knights.

Each of them should have a R/B or B/B with surge to hit. With impact 1, pierce 1, and critical 1 (total, it wouldnt stack for each model).

1 force slot, master of the force 1, and charge. red defensive die with deflect. 2 health each (6 total). speed 2.

Edited by Khobai

I would really just like to see things back in stock. Most of my wishlist has already supposedly been "released", yet they're nowhere to to be found.. 🤔

Edited by Dcalov

Empire:

Inquisitors: Second Sister, Ninth Sister, Grand Inquisitor

Purge Troopers (I think these would need to operate as a new unit type as they're not usually in squads of purge troopers in the game, and attaching them to units when they're mostly melee users doesn't seem terribly productive. Have them be fielded as something like a weak operative, with each unit selection coming with multiple models but they don't need to maintain coherency and have actions independent of each other.)

Rebels:

Saw Garrera

Partisans

Cal Kestis

Ezra Bridger and Kanan Jarrus

A proper tank, either a TX-130 requisitioned by the Rebels or those armored repulsor-lift transports with a large canon on them we see in the Vader Down comics.

CIS:

Magna Guards

Jango Fett

The various "tank" droids.

Republic:

Mace Windu

Commandos

It is nice to see all these good ideas, my own thoughts:

Rebels:

-- Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus, so I can finish off the Rogue One crew

-- Shock troopers? Could include a Cara Dune named character

-- Mimbanese liberation troopers, could be a good matchup for the swamp troopers

-- T4-B tank, I doubt it is cannon but I always liked them and it might actually give the rebels a real vehicle

Imps:

-- Inquisitors

-- Swamp troopers

-- Probe droids

GAR:

-- Clone commandos

-- Galactic marines (no, not space marines)

-- Clone commandos (again because they are awesome)

CIS:

-- Crab droids

-- NR-N99 Persuader tank (snail tank)

-- Super tactical droids

So here's a summary of what units have been mentioned most often so far (feel free to double-check my count):

Galactic Empire

Inquisitors (11 mentions)

Probe Droids (7)

Grand Admiral Thrawn (4)

Purge Troopers (4)

Mud Troopers (3)

Galactic Republic

Clone Commandos (9)

Mace Windu (6)

Commander Cody (4)

Jedi Warriors (4)

Ahsoka Tano (3)

Rebel Alliance

Ghost Crew (10)

Lando Calrissian (6)

Saw Gerrera/Partisans (6)

Ewoks (5)

Separatist Alliance

Geonosians (7)

IG-100 MagnaGuards (7)

Crab Droids (6)

Asajj Ventress (4)

Spider Droid (4)

Deathwatch Warriors (3)

Dwarf Spider Droid (3)

Other

Some sort of scum/mercenary units or faction (6)

Inquisitors would be a great addition to the Empire. I'd like to see Mud Troopers, as well. Nothing else stands out to me as a must-have. For the Rebels, yes to the Ghost crew, Lando and Saw's Partisans. I don't collect Republic or Separatist factions.

But I'm most looking forward to scum and villainy. The Ohnaka gang would be fantastic. You could throw almost anything in here: thugs, pirates, mercenaries, assassins and bounty hunters; WLO-5 speeder tanks and desert skiffs; Weequay, Nikto, Bith, Ishi Tib, the more alien species the better. The Hutt Cartel, Crimson Dawn or the Zann Consortium could work, as well.

Oh, and more speeders please. Particularly military models or ones modified for combat use, such as:

Arrow-23 landspeeder

Flash speeder

Gian speeder

Mekuun Repulsor Scout

And if there are Ewoks, you have to have Ewok gliders.

Phase 2 Clones.

I used to come to these posts and say Dewbacks. But I have those now. I want IG-88.

I'd like to see Imperial Naval troops (I think that's what they're called--those dudes with the wonky helmets on the death star--the old action figure was called Death Star Trooper). That would be a cool shift from all the stormtrooper variants.

I would like to see some characters from the Cantina playable and an ewok army if I want. More thematic terrain pieces. The valley where R2 is found by Jawas, I want to paint it up and have a shoot out in it. The skeleton in the dune. Uncle Owen's home. Jawa huts, sand crawler, Jabba's sail barge. Coruscant, Kessel. Terrain pieces and lots of it.

an ambushed jawa sandcrawler terrain piece that came with a couple jawas and some tusken raiders would be cool

the players would have to fight eachother and the tusken raiders to save the jawas and salvage the cargo of the sandcrawler