Wishlist

By lunitic501, in Star Wars: Legion

Just a simple wishlist thread of what I would like to see come to legion.

GAR

-Clone Commandos: essentially the death troopers of the GAR faction. I dont want to see bad batch in the same expansion though I would rather see bad batch in its own unique expansion but thats based off of nothing other then my own bias.

-Commander Cody: I imagine him as being a good support commander like veers or krennic.

CIS

- Asaji: think she would just be a cool/interesting operative for the CIS.

-Crab droids: they could be an interesting support option possibly with armor? Idk what there range would be like but I can imagine they would habe a decent melee attack. Also the scale keyword.

IMP

-Inquistors: cool lightsabers wielders (I dont care what anyone says I think there lightsabers are cool, except for the helicopter function that part is admittedly outrageously stupid). Would prefer Grand Inquisitor over the others.

-Mudtroopers: they look cool although I have no idea how they would be different from any of the other IMPs core units possibly some sort of defensive keyword since they are meant for trench warfare?

REBS

-Ghost Crew: I dont play rebels but I would pick up the models for the Ghost crew just to have them.

What other units are on everyones wishlist?

For me I would like rebels to get more of upgrade/rerealeses rather than new stuff. Help to wookies, commandos and fleet troopers. Ghost crew would be cool. More personal wishlist is Kyle katarn and dark forces stuff or dash rendar, but that is probably long ways from the designers minds. Luckily there exist third party stuff 🤣 .

For CIS I hope for crab droid or dwarf spider droid. Love some non humanoid droids to play with.

After seeing mandalorian I kinda want some sort of scum/mercenary mini faction or "dogs of war" kind of units to be used by any side.

@jocke01 The issue isn't just the Legion designers, it's also that all the Legion stuff has to be approved by Disney. The Legends stuff in X-wing got grandfathered in, no signs of something similar happening for Legion unfortunately.
Like you said, luckily there is 3rd party stuff for those kind of characters (although I'd love a hard plastic HK-47 and Katarn).

CIS:
Geonosians.

GAR:
Commandos.

Empire:
Inquisitors

Rebels:
Ghost crew

Misc:
Hondo Ohnaka, his tank, and his pirates.

20 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

Kyle Katarn and dark forces stuff or dash rendar,

After seeing mandalorian I kinda want some sort of scum/mercenary faction

My favorite Star Wars thing since Jedi ended up until Rogue One was Jedi Academy I and II video games. There were some random comics or novels, but this is what kept me a Star Wars fan.

I've been fairly vocal about my desire for Mercenary/Scum Faction. I want a full-fledged faction to play. That's the only reason I ever picked up X-wing and it would send me over the moon for Legion. Imperial Assault had some real cool models and charactizations of Merenaries in their skirmish game. The Lore (old and new) is full of cool characters for that faction that really don't fit anywhere else in my opinion.

as for the current factions:

Clones : I like the look of the ARF troopers, I'm sure the Commandos will get an option. Cody, Gree, Bly should get a look. Im sure there are some other notables like Wolffe and some I'm not thinking of that should get figures as well. I think there are several allies they could put in the game like Mon Cala or Jar Jar people.

CIS : need more big droids, and commanders. The spider droids and Genosians for sure. Admiral Trench, some of the named battle droids and other commanders we've seen in the cartoon should be fleshed out.

Imperials: Thrawn (whether you like him or not is coming) Jet troopers, ISB troopers, Inquisitors, Sentry Droids, Probe Droids, 000/BT-1,

Rebels : Ghost crew is probably coming, Ahsoka is coming, Lando is coming, I don't really need more troop types, although I'm sure something will emerge (ewoks or something silly)

Ewoks.

CIS:
Geonosians!!

GAR:
Melee of some kind, wookies or cheap generic jedi

Empire:
Probe and k2 droids

Rebels:
Hera

Misc:
Jawa faction

Mandalorian Recruit Core units for rebels, maybe comparable to shores with less range but impervious

No bias I swear

Rebels: Lando. At this point it's kinda embarrassing missing an old mainstay like him. Ghost crew is a given despite my dislike of Rebels. Could be interesting to see Old Maul show up as a dark side user to shake things up. Ewoks eventually, but I have no real attachment to them.

Empire: Probe Droid. Dark Troopers (are they even Cannon now?) I'd also like to see imperial army troopers added. Also a conversion kit for the TX-130 since the Empire used them.

CIS: Both spider and dwarf spider droids. Crab droids. B2s with Jetpacks. Vulture Droid (same size as a snowspeeder). B3 ultra battle droid. Droidekas snipers. IG-100s.

Republic: More clone...stuff (it all looks the same sue me). Sam Jackson, but mostly because I want to be able to quote him.

CIS:

Magnaguards

Ventress

Aurra Sing

GAR:

Gungans

Asoka Tano

Mace Windu (I wonder if his "Shatterpoint" ability could make for a neat ability or upgrade?)

(but I'll take any Jedi I can get)

REBELS:

I like the idea of Hera or Zeb.

EMPIRE:

Werner Herzog

22 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Sam Jackson, but mostly because I want to be able to quote him.

"I'm tired of all these motherf***** droids on this motherf***** objective". - Mace Windu 20BBY

Edited by codytx2

I'll condense a lot of what I've said in other threads. Most of mine I just think would be awesome models to paint!

GAR:

-Commandos (for much the same reason as has been listed)

-Saw's Partisans (might be a cool operative set!)

CIS:

-Deathwatch Warriors (very similar to the Mando Clan for Rebels, but it would be cool to see Vizla)

Rebels:

-Ghost Crew (again, I know it's a popular answer, but the models would be cool. i may even get some even though I'm not a rebels player)

Empire: (my main faction)

-Purge Troopers (Special Forces, maybe with the Jedi Hunter keyword to counter the influx of force users coming in the GAR and CIS)

-Mud Troopers (I'd love to see them with some kind of innate Duck and Cover type of mechanic as they run from cover to cover)

-Inquisitors (You could easily bring in a pack of them as interchangeable OPs so they all work mechanically the same but can change out the models and have an upgrade slot that makes them unique)

6 hours ago, jocke01 said:

For me I would like rebels to get more of upgrade/rerealeses rather than new stuff. Help to wookies, commandos and fleet troopers. Ghost crew would be cool. More personal wishlist is Kyle katarn and dark forces stuff or dash rendar, but that is probably long ways from the designers minds

The point changes are most likely in the next two months and all three of those units should be on the list. Especially wookies since they want to run like Mandos, but you know we now have mandos lol.

As for Dash Rendar he is canon, but he will pretty much be a different character since the story guys at Disney hated his Legends version. Dark troopers are also canon as other have pointed so there is a chance there as well.................... Kyle SOL on that one.

5 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I've been fairly vocal about my desire for Mercenary/Scum Faction. I want a full-fledged faction to play. That's the only reason I ever picked up X-wing and it would send me over the moon for Legion. Imperial Assault had some real cool models and charactizations of Merenaries in their skirmish game. The Lore (old and new) is full of cool characters for that faction that really don't fit anywhere else in my opinion.

I have been pushing for the ST, but a Scum faction would be equally cool and needed for the game. Pre-virus they were releasing so many units a wave I really thought we would get the announcement of the new stuff at Gencon. Now we are getting 2 units a wave and I realize how much 2020 sucks so much.

As for new units everyone got the usual suspects I would want: Ghost crew, Inquisitors, Lando, and crabs lol.

The only one I would add is Super Tactical droid/Clone Commanders muti unit pack. Two or three commanders using the same model with different cards/stats/points. Still think that is a cool idea and a way to get a lot more named units into the game.

Edited by RyantheFett

Slightly off topic but didn't the video announcing the generic clone commanders not imply that they were there to reprsent Cody, Wolf etc? Knowing my luck I'd paint them that way only to get an official release of the named character clones.

Wishlist

GAR - Commandos - Delta squad + Gregor

CIS - Vulture droids

Rebels - Saw and Partisans

Empire - purge troops

1 hour ago, Billion Year Old Carbon said:

Werner Herzog

Totally with you... not only because of this interview (one of my favourite pieces of Star Wars trivia):

Favreau has made some highly successful films recently; did you feel an element of pressure working with him?

I do not know what other films he has made.

You don’t?

No.

He made “The Lion King” earlier this year with Beyonce and Donald Glover.

Well I like “The Lion King,” but the animated version 30 years back or so. That was a wonderful film, the music was particularly great, Hans Zimmer’s score.

You have said before that you haven’t seen any of the “Star Wars” films. Do you feel that affected your performance in any way?

No, it doesn’t really matter.

Edited by Jedirev

O1X73cH.jpg

1 hour ago, Alan Noir said:

Slightly off topic but didn't the video announcing the generic clone commanders not imply that they were there to reprsent Cody, Wolf etc? Knowing my luck I'd paint them that way only to get an official release of the named character clones.

If I remember right they said they have alot of customization options so u could make them LOOK LIKE Cody or Wolfe but they are in no way meant to be a stand in for Cody or wolfe.

Well I don't even play Clones but I want Mace Windu for....Reasons :)

Also no love for the Hailfire Droid Tank?? My CIS army will never be complete till I get one of those for my army

Things I would love to see:

im amazed no one has said this but, Yoda,

bad batch,

The inquisitors,

first generation storm troopers, (for those of you not knowing this, this is what happened to the clones after the empire was formed.)

gungans,

the night sisters,

umbarans.

GAR: Jedi SF in the vein of inferno or clan wren with the small named squad or the generic saber wielders. Otherwise, give me a restock on P2 clones please.

Empire: probe droid

Rebels: Ewoks please. Yub yub.

And I still want my wild card, the first universally playable by all sides operative, Hondo Ohnaka.

Rebels: Rest of the Ghost crew, especially Ezra. Getting Lando and a tank like the T2-B would be cool as well.

Empire: I don't play it but seeing some Inquistors, Thrawn, and Purge Troopers would be cool to see and play against.

Republic: Ahsoka, Cody, and Clone Commandos would be awesome to see. I think its only legends but getting the AT-XT would be amazing, AT-AP is more likely but I can dream.

CIS: Same deal as Empire but seeing Ventress and Magnaguards would be sweet. Oh and Savage if they are getting Maul.

Big wish I would like is an AT-TE

Legion is in a interesting position that certain faction have some roster troubles and several steal units/characters from each other. At the same time they have a crap ton of stuff to use lol. Figure the use of "sub-factions" would allow some of the more random units to get into the game.

• GAR: Naboo forces. Cover pretty much everything in 1.
  • CIS: Geonosians/Umbara or loyal CIS planets.
  • Rebels: Partisan forces. Give some wiggle room to use Saw and the Ewoks lol.
  • Empire: Imperial Remnant
  • FO: Sith Eternal
  • Resistance: Galaxy's army. Gets Maz, Collous crew, and randos from 9 all up in there.
  • Scum: Guess this faction would be nothing but sub factions lol. Figure Red Dawn, Hutt, and Night Sisters would be the biggies?
14 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

Well I don't even play Clones but I want Mace Windu for....Reasons :)

You're sooooo narcisist master Windu... that's not the Jedi way

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Imperial - Inquisitors, ISB agents, probe droids, Thrawn

Republic - Asoka, Mace Windu, Republic Snow Troopers, Twi'Lek Resistance (to include Burg Riders)

CIS- Crab Droid, Spider Droid, Genoises Warriors, Ventress, Night Sisters

Rebel- Ghost Crew, Twi'Lek Resistance (to include Burg Riders), other Alien based units, Saw Guevera's Resistance.

I wanna see the AT-PT for Imperials

They could use something in between an AT-RT and AT-ST in the 130 point range.

Make it use a support slot instead of a heavy slot