Age of Rebellion: Beginners Game - What miniatures are useful ?

By sn0wball, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

I am going to get my son the Age of Rebellion: Beginners Game for his birthday. I tried the old WEG d6 game before, but this didn´ t fly with my kids. They are used to coloured graphics, specialty dice and so on, spoiled by Imperial Assault probably. Anyhow.

We will be on holiday when this happens, so I need to plan ahead. I have seen there are counters and maps inside the box, which look nice enough. I would like to use figures from my Star Wars Miniatures collection, though. To make sure, I take the right ones along, I need to know which kind of figures would be needed and obviously I wouldn´t want to take the present apart to look inside beforehand.

So, can someone give me some clues ?

It's been a while since I looked at it. But the obvious ones are imperial army and stormtrooper miniatures. I remember there being a droid too. And definitely some officers. If you do the online extended adventure, you'll certainly need a more diverse cast of minis.

You will need some combat droid and an AT-ST too i believe besides the standard imperials.

I haven't played the follow up adventure, but that's available online. You can peek in before.

Edited by Rimsen