Hondo "Fix" Broke General Hugs

By theBitterFig, in X-Wing Rules Questions

I don't know I think it would be hilarious to pair enemy coordinating Hugs with Petty Officer Thanisson to turn the stress from the red action you just made them do into a tractor token.

Just flavour the other ships in the list to make sure you can troll your FO friends.

Edited by VelourFogg

Well I guess this was fixed in Rules Reference 1.3

The line on Coordinate that you can select an enemy ship if the coordinate was not an action was removed.

So uh... is he fix? Does Hondo just work?

I have to admit, I was never got my head round how he was broke.

4 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

He was "broke" in the minds of people that think a card saying "I can do this" is insufficient to override rules in the RR and rulebook that say "These are the limitations" despite the Golden Rules straight up saying that what a card says it can do, it can do unless another card says it can't...

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

He was "broke" in the minds of people that think a card saying "I can do this" is insufficient to override rules in the RR and rulebook that say "These are the limitations" despite the Golden Rules straight up saying that what a card says it can do, it can do unless another card says it can't...

Then explain Deathfire. Explain why his ability seems to say he can launch a device on death, but the FAQ says he cannot. According to you, the Golden Rule should allow him to. But FFG had to clarify that, no. The golden rule doesnt work that way.

Sorry. but "because golden rule" isnt a catch all. And Hondo was not specifically... specifically worded to override the coordination limits. That is why there was a big discussion about it. I dont think anyone really thought he *shouldn't* work that way, just that the wording and the rules didnt support the intent.

But Deathfire can launch a device upon his death. His ability says so. He just can't launch devices that normally can't be launched, because his ability does not say he can.

3 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

He was never broken.

Some folks mistakenly thought he was.

*e* reason being, some folks thought that since the Coordinate rule only refers to choosing a friendly ship, he wouldn't coordinate an enemy ship if used on enemies. Since the Jam rule only references Jamming an enemy ship, he wouldn't jam a friendly ship if used on friendlies. It's trivial to use Golden Rule for Hondo to override the default targeting choices, but *eyeroll* that isn't going to satisfy folks.

Edited by theBitterFig
48 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

Then explain Deathfire.

Because "perform an action" doesn't let you perform any action you want, only the actions on your bar.

What I was saying, since the first days of Deathfire, and I've been 100% vindicated on this, is that "drop or launch" is used a generic term, like "perform an action." It grants you an opportunity to do what your ship can do.