Witchcraft by Eden Studios

By BISHOPHAWK, in Your Settings

I was wondering if anybody has ever played the Witchcraft rpg by Eden Studios? If so what would be the best way to covert the Bast over to Genesys.

ah ... unisystem ... d10+x system

remembering the rules and some such ...

for a start, i would recommend converting the attributes using the following:

1 -> 1
2 -> 2
3 -> 3
4-5 -> 4
6-7 -> 5
8-10 -> 6
11-13 -> 7

skills would convert mostly 1:1

for creating new characters use the normal rules on genesys

maybe invent an essence threshold similar to wound and stress.

tbc

On 9/26/2020 at 3:02 AM, Terefang said:

for a start, i would recommend converting the attributes using the following:

Not a good idea. Remember that you want to convert the setting, Genesys already has the mechanics. Your attribute-to-characteristic scale goes to 7, but Genesys caps at 5. Well, 6 if you have the right cybernetics.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:02 AM, Terefang said:

maybe invent an essence threshold similar to wound and stress.

I'm not familiar with the setting so I'm not sure what "essence" is, but I would check to see if there's an existing mechanic in Genesys instead of adding a new threshold. Especially if said threshold isn't going up and down during dramatic scenes.

12 hours ago, c__beck said:

Not a good idea. Remember that you want to convert the setting, Genesys already has the mechanics. Your attribute-to-characteristic scale goes to 7, but Genesys caps at 5. Well, 6 if you have the right cybernetics.

the basic problem is that the unisystem attributes values correspond almost 1:1 to genesys but then go thru the roof for the extra-ordinary (like Strength 12 for a Lycanthrope)

i also wrote "for a start" aka "fast"
... that means also the need to apply some common sense
... like decrease an attribute from 7 to 6 and add a specific talent instead
... but having "one extra dice" does not hurt too much for a fast conversion
... your milage my vary.

I'm not familiar with the setting so I'm not sure what "essence" is, but I would check to see if there's an existing mechanic in Genesys instead of adding a new threshold. Especially if said threshold isn't going up and down during dramatic scenes.

yes, you could start emulating essence with the normal stress mechanic of WC
... but then WC already has both Wound and Stress mechanics and had a reason not to build upon Stress
... possible the same reason the SW does use Force Dices

in contrast to Genesys, WC is a high magic Setting for those capable
... so modelling on Stress does not cut it
... using an extra Essence Threshold for spellcasting is the least invasive method of bringing WC-style-power over to Genesys
... everything else could function as in Genesys RAW
... and Essence being recovered instead of Stress by spending Advantages or normal (stress) recovery
... again your milage my vary.

I'm not familiar with the setting ...

think of it as "Buffy/Angel" crossed over into "Charmed" and "X-Files" sauce, with serial numbers filed off.

Edited by Terefang