List Advice Please

By Scientia06, in Army Building

Commander.png : 1 / 1-2 Operative.png : 0 / 0-2 Corps.png : 6 / 3-6 Special%20Forces.png : 3 / 0-4 Support.png : 2 / 0-3 Heavy.png : 0 / 0-2
Commander.png
Director Orson Krennic [90]
[Command]
[Command]
- Recon Intel [2]
Remove [92]
Operative.png
Corps.png
Stormtroopers [44]
- HH-12 Stormtrooper [26]
- FX-9 Medical Droid [19]
- Targeting Scopes [4]
[Grenades]
Remove [93] Duplicate
(3x) Stormtroopers [44]
[Heavy Weapon]
[Personnel]
[Gear]
[Grenades]
Remove One [44] Add One
Shoretroopers [52]
- T-21B Trooper [32]
[Personnel]
[Training]
[Gear]
[Grenades]
Remove [84] Duplicate
DF-90 Mortar Trooper [36]
[Comms]
Remove [36] Duplicate
Special%20Forces.png
Scout Troopers [60]
[Heavy Weapon]
[Training]
[Comms]
[Gear]
[Grenades]
Remove [60] Duplicate
Imperial Death Troopers [76]
- DLT-19D Trooper [34]
- Hunter [6]
[Comms]
- Targeting Scopes [4]
[Armament]
[Grenades]
Remove [120] Duplicate
Scout Troopers (Strike Team) [20]
- DLT-19x Sniper [28]
[Training]
[Comms]
[Gear]
[Grenades]
Remove [48] Duplicate
Support.png
74-Z Speeder Bikes [75]
- Long-Range Comlink [5]
Remove [80] Duplicate
E-Web Heavy Blaster Team [55]

[Comms]
[Generator]
Remove [55] Duplicate

Fairly self explanantory

Could you tell us some of your ideas about strategy with this list? That would help clear up which choices are sound.

Imo, you should drop the HH-12, Medical droid, and maybe even the naked scouts for DLT-19s on some or all of your stormies. Getting a command card like strict orders and/or commanding presence should be a priority too. Even with the E-Web I think your gunline is too weak to stand on its own with so few range 4 weapons. Besides, 11 activations is perfectly workable.

Edited by Stickynote20

The HH-12 Stormtrooper unit will use actions to get the heavy weapon back online so won’t aim much. Move it’s scopes to the shore unit who get aims most of the time and put the medic in a vanilla stormtrooper unit who will have the actions available.

Thanks for the advice on the list. I used this last night with my friend who plays double atst a lot so that was my intention with the med droid/hh-12 unit. He also runs tauns so my plan was to have the scouts kill those first round and then probably die off. My plan worked and I took out one of his tauns on the first activation (we were playing battle lines).

I wouldnt take the e-web or the speederbikes. Neither really fits in the list. e-webs are just plain bad unfortunately and speederbikes work best when you take a bunch of them.

I recommend using Veers+electrobinoculars if youre using lots of stormtroopers because aim tokens are absolutely crucial for making stormtroopers work.

I also think you should take DLT19s/RT97s on the stormtroopers. Naked stormtroopers are really really bad because all they have are 4 white dice. Theyre not even reliable enough for causing suppression.

If you dont want to go the veers/stormtrooper route then taking more shoretroopers/deathtroopers is a good alternative.

As for the HH-12 I wouldnt use it. I think the DLT19/RT97 are much better. Cumbersome is way too debilitating. Its the whole reason the E-web is so bad too.

The other problem with the HH12 is that its not even good at damaging vehicles like Saber Tank. Impact 3 with a bunch of white and a few black dice isnt threatening at all. Impact grenades are the only thing in the entire imperial army that even have a chance of doing decent damage to something like a saber tank. Its really sad but it is what it is.

Youre better off with impact grenades than the HH-12 because at least you can move and use impact grenades. And you potentially get a much higher impact value if you combine the impact grenades with a DLT-19. The stormtroopers have native surge to hit as well which makes impact grenades really good on them.

Edited by Khobai