Rerolling individual dice?

By player655164, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Hello,

In a situation in which you are allowed to reroll a certain number of dice, are you required to reroll all of the dice at the same time?

I think I am imagining a situation such as if a focused attacker rolls three dice and the results are 1 hit, 1 focus, 1 blank. Is the attacker allowed to reroll the blank result first by itself, to see whether or not s/he gets another focus result (and thereby deciding that it is worth it to spend the focus token), and depending on the result of the first reroll, deciding whether or not to reroll the die that was originally a focus result?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, player655164 said:

Hello,

In a situation in which you are allowed to reroll a certain number of dice, are you required to reroll all of the dice at the same time?

I think I am imagining a situation such as if a focused attacker rolls three dice and the results are 1 hit, 1 focus, 1 blank. Is the attacker allowed to reroll the blank result first by itself, to see whether or not s/he gets another focus result (and thereby deciding that it is worth it to spend the focus token), and depending on the result of the first reroll, deciding whether or not to reroll the die that was originally a focus result?

Thanks!

no. if you relroll with say a lock, you pick the number of dice you want to reroll and then reroll all of them at the same time.

If you had two sources of rerolls (like a lock and the Predator talent lined up) you could totally roll one die with one ability before deciding whether to roll the other die with the other ability.

Just for clarification that still doesn't allow the same die to be rolled twice though.

Edited by nitrobenz
added clarification