Dwarrowdelf cycle conclusion - Player Card Review series

By Silblade, in Strategy and deck-building

So it's the end. But not the end of Player Card Review series, fortunately.:) It's the end of the whole Dwarrowdelf cycle.

It is time to settle accounts with all Dwarves, Noldors , Secrecy cards and other new cards of Dwarrowdelf cycle. In the fresh new final conclusion, you will find out each card again, but within the context of the whole cycle. You will find out the overall evaluation of each sphere + the final evaluation of the whole cycle:

https://visionofthepalantir.com/2020/09/24/dwarrowdelf-cycle-conclusion/

Now I think that there's a lot to discuss. I'm interested in your opinions and your personal view on this whole cycle. Which adventure pack was the best one for you? And which was the worst? What are your favourite cards of this cycle and which you think are the baddest? And do you use any of these cards nowadays? I'm looking forward to your responses! :)

Silblade

I haven't used any cards outside of the first 3 cycles and the saga sets - I find the cards from Dwarrowdelf very powerful for the most part.

Personally I think the player cards from Shadow and Flame are the best, aside from O Elbereth! Gilthonial! I have used the cards to great effect in suitable decks.

I would probably pick the Redhorn Gate as the pack with the least interesting cards. I do like Elrohir, Timely Aid and Bofur but the rest of the cards in the pack I have never been very impressed by.

I really like the heroes from this cycle - the Noldor heroes are all fun to play, Bifur and Dwalin are excellent Dwarf heroes to pair with the older Leadership and Tactics Dwarf heroes. Hama is the least interesting hero for me - I have only used him with the limited ability though.

I'm surprised you chose We Are Not Idle as the worst Leadership card in the cycle. I have only used the version with the errata and have still found it quite useful in Dwarf decks. There were some games where I was able to use it for a few resources on a quiet round, and even on a round where I can't spare a hero to exhaust it just lets me draw another card. I probably would have picked Grave Cairn as the worst Leadership card - I have not found it as useful as We Are Not Idle.

I agree with you about Keeping Count, Out of Sight and The End Comes. I might have picked Ravenhill Scout as the worst Lore card - I think it is too expensive for its weak ability and stats.

I still use a lot of the cards from the cycle, especially some of the powerful allies and attachments: Arwen Undomiel, Warden of Healing, Light of Valinor, Master of the Forge, Asfaloth and so on.

@Adaepholn Thanks yfor your response!

For me, the best adventure pack is Foundation of Stone (from the view of the player cards, not scenario itself :)) and probably Khazad-Dum. As for scenarios, I love Khazad-Dum, which was hillarious introduction. Shadow and Flame was also great and epic, Foundation of Stone was the most original and The Long Dark was a big meh and disappointment, to be honest.

As for heroes, Glorfindel is for me the TOP 1, Háma is poor and unlucky guy.

I confess that I hate exhausting-hero effects. Mostly I use heroes for questing and fighting. Allies are good support. But when some player card forces me to exhaust hero due to triggering its effect, it must have a really good reason to do that. We Are Not Idle doesn't provide me such reason, as then I will miss heroes in other important activities, unless I could play on some of heroes some card with readying effect (like Lure of Moria ). If I need resources, then Steward of Gondor is clear number 1 in this discipline.

I mainly like cards: Asfaloth , Light of Valinor, Glorfindel, Arwen Undomiel, Rivendell Bow, Khazad! Khazad! ...