Bleeding condition, Defending against damage and critical strikes

By Albertorius, in Rules Questions

Oh, I agree with what you are saying but there’s a difference in I guess what I could call possible and achievable. So rolling to see if you achieved something (like getting enough opportunities to hit someone beyond the weapon’s range with Hawk Precision) is kind of covered by the rules, but the way Incapacitated is written gives the idea of you can’t even try to roll in the first place. The language there (and in many other places of the conflict chapter) are extremely ambivalent and too open for interpretation when it should be the one part of the book where that should not be the case...

Here I am still hoping for a revised edition soon.

To play devil's advocate - and to explain why my reading lined up with @Diogo Salazar (though I'm not going to argue with the dev team):

"An Incapacitated character cannot perform actions that require checks"

"An Unconscious character cannot...perform actions"

Now obviously Unconcious should mean "No you can't, don't even try" and the wording between Incapacitated and Unconscious is on first impression the same.

Hence I agree - if this is the Dev Team's view - and it's not a bad one, since it at least partially addresses a common complaint from people like Avatar111 that it gives incapacitated characters a lot more options to do stuff...

Asking this to be included in the next FAQ issue would be a good idea. Anyone have the support email address?

Edited by Magnus Grendel

It's not an email address but the support form on the website. That then goes to the respective person at FFG, and then they respond via email (at least ime).

Specifically, it's this Rules Questions one:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/