Battle Report Army Request

By sarumanthewhite, in Runewars Battle Reports

Folks,

I’m going to get another battle report or two in here over the next couple of weeks and thought I would reach out to the remaining fans for lists or inspiration

No formal process here. Give me a faction, list, unit, or upgrade you’d like to see us use. I have all 4 armies and way too much of each.

If you have a list, can you compose it on Tabletop Admiral and put the link here?

Thanks, Cliff

I barely dare to propose a list, since I am far from having your skills but why not?

I was wondering to what point a massive use of Warden of Horn and Branches could be efficient. Hence this list:

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/elves/p1d3u99uaeuEMuEMp1d3u99uEMuEMuEMp1d3u99uEMuEMuEMp1d3u99uEMuEMuEMp163u99uEMu6bu73u1d

199/200

Ventala Skirmishers [30] 2x2
Warden of Horn and Branch [5] -
Bolo Nets [2] -
[37]
[35]

[35]

[35]
Darnati Warriors [43] 3x2
Warsong Herald [3] -
Marching Starling [2] -
Hunters Guile [4] -
[57]

Edited by Meeeuuhhh

Thanks for sharing this. I looks very interesting and I get to make use of all those Ventala I painted!!! Very perceptive use of Warsong Herald I might add... 😀

Unfortunately, I have only 12 trays of Ventala (and I thought that was excessive). What would you recommend I replace one of the 2x2 blocks with? Perhaps some Scions to give us the ability to engage and/or pin down key units so we can wither them away with our Ranged attacks?

Hmmm, I wonder what I should play against it? Anyone have an interesting Waiqar list they haven’t been able to get on the table? I feel like Latari and Waiqar are a natural matchup...

Here’s a list I’ve been looking at...

https://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/lists/4108/

Thanks again...

11 hours ago, sarumanthewhite said:

Thanks for sharing this. I looks very interesting and I get to make use of all those Ventala I painted!!! Very perceptive use of Warsong Herald I might add... 😀

Unfortunately, I have only 12 trays of Ventala (and I thought that was excessive). What would you recommend I replace one of the 2x2 blocks with? Perhaps some Scions to give us the ability to engage and/or pin down key units so we can wither them away with our Ranged attacks?

Would you consider proxying them? Or maybe you can borrow from somebody (I know, slim chance)? If not, Aymhelin Scions are a natural choice. That was my first thought.

11 hours ago, sarumanthewhite said:

Hmmm, I wonder what I should play against it? Anyone have an interesting Waiqar list they haven’t been able to get on the table? I feel like Latari and Waiqar are a natural matchup...

Here’s a list I’ve been looking at...

https://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/lists/4108/

Thanks again...

This is an interesting list. My knee-jerk reaction is "not enough Reanimates!" I think the 3x2 is pretty flimsy, and I hesitate to add one to my forces without some Ankaur Maro tray-adding shenanigans. I like the 3x3 well enough, but I love the 4x2...probably too much, and should seek help about that.

That said, Lord Vorun'thul figure upgrade is a rare sight, and I really want to see what he can do to mess with enemy forces. He could bring a hero into charging range of the Death Knights to use their Obcasium's Gauntlet, and let the Carrion Lancers get into battle reliably. Or make the opponent miss their charges. 19 points is steep for a figure upgrade, so he will have to be played well to make the most of him.

Interesting observations....

My thoughts with the Waiqar list is to use the Reanimates in more of a support role while everyone else engages. I figure they can move it to mop up whatever makes it through. My biggest concern is the lack of ranged damage. The Death Knights can close quickly and the Carrion Lancers can take a shot or two with their armor. For sure, though, the Lord V upgrade is pricey and he doesn’t add a die, he only replaces a red (in this case).

I was thinking that if the Reanimates go late in the turn, the can shift and use Lord V/Blight and then the Death Knights can move on I7 or I9 and take advantage of that position for an early charge the next turn. You always have to wonder if all of this trickery could be replaced with something simpler, but hey, I like to try all these upgrades- it’s kind of unlocking something on a video game... 😜

I could probably proxy the Ventala with some of my Leonx Riders now that you mention it. I could also just by another couple of boxes of Ventala and paint them... 😜

Take care...

On 9/25/2020 at 6:10 AM, sarumanthewhite said:

It was quite mean of me to assume you had that number of Ventala... I have myself "only" 8 trays, 4 of them being still not painted yet.

Here is a firts propopsition with 3 Ventala units al little bolstered, with wind rune and simultaneous order plus a Scion to make up for 14 remaining points.

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/elves/p1d3u99u28uEMu43p1d3u99u28uEMu43p1d3u99u28uEMu43p163u99uEMu6bu73u1dp091uEMuEM

Or this one with two Scions and their vicious roots:

http://tabletopadmiral.com/runewars/elves/p1d3u99uaeuEMuEMp1d3u99uaeuEMuEMp1d3u99uaeuEMuEMp163u99uEMu6bu73u1dp091uEMu66p091uEMuEM

Edited by Meeeuuhhh

@Jukey

where’s your last list with Warden of the Horn? You made it work pretty well. Maybe they can adapt part of what you did.