Luke and veichles ( build needing some ideas )

By Rokian, in Army Building

Hi , i have been trying a different type of build with some units that i haven' t used ( wookies and the x-34)

I was lookig into the wookies and they fit well with Luke ( have the same speed and tatics of luke and also a good dice pool on range 1-2)

on the other hand X-34 is way more difficult ( have the same life pool of an at-rt but 20 pts more costy, also , speeder 1 doens' t help to keep long range weapons )

here is the build that i made last time , any idea is welcome ( i just would like to use both of this units)

retribuição em família
797/800 (9 activations)
Commanders:
- Luke Skywalker (160): Force Push (10), Battle Meditation (5) = 175
Corps:
- 2× Rebel Troopers (40): Z-6 Trooper (22), R5 Astromech Droid (8) = 140
- Rebel Troopers = 40
Special Forces:
- Wookiee Warriors (75): Bowcaster Wookiee (35), Tenacity (4) = 114
- Commando Strike Team (20): DH-447 Sniper (28) = 48
Support:
- 2× AT-RT (55): Rotary Blaster (20) = 150
Heavy:
- Landspeeder (75): Outer Rim Speeder Jockey (10), Rocket Gunner (36), Rifle Gunner (9) = 130

• Son of Skywalker, • Sabotaged Communications, •• My Ally is the Force, •• Turning the Tide, ••• Return of the Jedi, ••• Covering Fire, •••• Standing Orders

( i tried an older version of this build and won the game , specially because of Luke and the wookies, they became troop's killing machines after they got range , that time i used the land speeder with the ion weapon + rocket gunner , it was just lame, the veichle moves too much and it is hard to keep the enemy tank inside of the firing arc (using the ion gun ) .... the tank destroyed my landspeeder pretty fast , so i changed in this build above to all guns 360 degrees , with this i can shoot and run anytime )

If you're absolutely set on Wookiees and the landspeeder, you're going to need to support them better. Wookiees are rather flimsy, so you're going to need to use a lot of cover and draw fire off of them. I recommend switching your RTs to flamethrowers to help, as those get focused hard. I also recommend dropping the mediocre Z6s (no surge and just white dice) and putting R2 with a comms jammer in your list. It would be better if you could get 3P0, too, but the landspeeder can only transport a single miniature.

I think you need to have R2 with 3P0 in this list and ditch the landspeeder. Focus on AT-RTs. Having one or two R5 units will also help, but R2 really should be in the army.

Wookiees are cool and all, but they are rather frail despite their gigantic health pool. If you want a similar unit, you could scrap the vehicle strategy and go for a couple units of Tauntauns instead. I like tenacity and comms jammers on them, but endurance is also worth looking at because of their medium courage level. Tauntauns do everything that Wookiees do, but better. They are speed 3, they have Relentless, their ranged attack is 4 red with surge, they can guarantee at least 1 crit even if no dice hit when they ram, and they can effectively take 7 actions per turn (move, free dodge, free reposition, move, free dodge, free reposition, relentless attack).

Luke is strong, but he's going to get focused hard. That's why flamethrower AT-RTs or Tauntauns pair well with him. They help take off the heat while applying constant pressure and spreading out the threats. You're probably going to want to take a second commander with him anyway, but you can do it without. Leia is always a great partner. Cassian is an excellent one. You could do Cassian + Luke and K2 + R2 pretty easily. You could also do Cassian and Operative Luke + R2 or K2. Operative Luke is more expensive and he takes up an Operative slot, but he's one of the best units in the game by far. He's well worth the price. If you do go for him, I recommend Reflexes, Push, Jedi Mind Trick, and tenacity.

Battle Meditation is underwhelming. You'll likely be in range to issue orders without it. Having a second commander makes that even easier. Luke desperately wants Force Reflexes to fuel Deflect, especially since he doesn't have natural surge to block. That's one of the reasons Operative Luke is better - he has Master of the Force 1, so you can recover that Force Reflexes card for free each turn.

Thank you for the ideias , many things that you said unfortunately i don't have ( taun tauns , R2, luke op and Cassian...) , i changed a few things based on what you said and made up this :

retribuição em família
798/800 (10 activations)
Commanders:
- Luke Skywalker (160): Force Push (10) = 170
Corps:
- Rebel Troopers (40): Z-6 Trooper (22), R5 Astromech Droid (8) = 70
- Rebel Troopers (40): R5 Astromech Droid (8) = 48
- Rebel Troopers = 40
Special Forces:
- Wookiee Warriors (75): Tenacity (4) = 79
- 2× Commando Strike Team (20): DH-447 Sniper (28) = 96
Support:
- 2× AT-RT (55): Rotary Blaster (20) = 150
Heavy:
- Landspeeder (75): Rocket Gunner (36), Mark II Medium Blaster (34) = 145

• Son of Skywalker, • Sabotaged Communications, •• Turning the Tide, •• My Ally is the Force, ••• Return of the Jedi, ••• I am a Jedi, •••• Standing Orders

I know that one command card is from Luke OP , but i will make proxy of that .... Where i live they are not selling legion anymore , so , if i need any of this new things i wll have to import...

(I may change later those at-rt guns , but with the repair droids i may have a bad time trying to heal them up )

22 hours ago, realsoupersand said:

If you're absolutely set on Wookiees and the landspeeder, you're going to need to support them better. Wookiees are rather flimsy, so you're going to need to use a lot of cover and draw fire off of them. I recommend switching your RTs to flamethrowers to help, as those get focused hard. I also recommend dropping the mediocre Z6s (no surge and just white dice) and putting R2 with a comms jammer in your list. It would be better if you could get 3P0, too, but the landspeeder can only transport a single miniature.

I think you need to have R2 with 3P0 in this list and ditch the landspeeder. Focus on AT-RTs. Having one or two R5 units will also help, but R2 really should be in the army.

Wookiees are cool and all, but they are rather frail despite their gigantic health pool. If you want a similar unit, you could scrap the vehicle strategy and go for a couple units of Tauntauns instead. I like tenacity and comms jammers on them, but endurance is also worth looking at because of their medium courage level. Tauntauns do everything that Wookiees do, but better. They are speed 3, they have Relentless, their ranged attack is 4 red with surge, they can guarantee at least 1 crit even if no dice hit when they ram, and they can effectively take 7 actions per turn (move, free dodge, free reposition, move, free dodge, free reposition, relentless attack).

Luke is strong, but he's going to get focused hard. That's why flamethrower AT-RTs or Tauntauns pair well with him. They help take off the heat while applying constant pressure and spreading out the threats. You're probably going to want to take a second commander with him anyway, but you can do it without. Leia is always a great partner. Cassian is an excellent one. You could do Cassian + Luke and K2 + R2 pretty easily. You could also do Cassian and Operative Luke + R2 or K2. Operative Luke is more expensive and he takes up an Operative slot, but he's one of the best units in the game by far. He's well worth the price. If you do go for him, I recommend Reflexes, Push, Jedi Mind Trick, and tenacity.

Battle Meditation is underwhelming. You'll likely be in range to issue orders without it. Having a second commander makes that even easier. Luke desperately wants Force Reflexes to fuel Deflect, especially since he doesn't have natural surge to block. That's one of the reasons Operative Luke is better - he has Master of the Force 1, so you can recover that Force Reflexes card for free each turn.

Good luck in all your games! Show those Imperials how we do it in the Rebel Alliance!

what no airspeeders? theyre really good!!!!

14 hours ago, Khobai said:

what no airspeeders? theyre really good!!!!

I use one of them in a han + chewie build that i posted have some time , they really need long range commns and a really good position , but if you get that they are a lot of fun ! ( i see rebel heavy units having a hard time with points and/or keywords so fitting 2 might be too much kkk )