Barkham, the dogs have had their day.

By Andyh19, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

The dogs had their day. Not sure why they are advertising this as in shops. It literally went out of stock with pre-orders, at least in UK. The FLGS I order from got 25% allocation and have been told there is not going to be a reprint. I do feel a bit miffed as I was pretty quick in asking for this to be "a thing" and got my pre-order in as soon as the shop put them up. This was going to be my Christmas game, now it's a question of grabbing the Oceania expansion for wingspan.

If it sells well (and clearly, it is), then I don't see why there wouldn't be a reprint. It might be a bit slower compared to other products in the line, but even POD scenarios like Curse of the Rougarou and Carnevale of Horrors just got reprints. I doubt your FLGS would know what FFG intends to reprint or not at this stage in the game.

That said, I understand your frustration.

No retailer in Canada seems to have gotten their pre-orders of the Land of Sorrow adventure pack for the Lord of the Rings LCG, which was released in early August in the U.S. (and earlier in other parts of the world, it seems). FFG release dates in Canada are usually the same as in the U.S. There's just no making sense of how things get distributed... and I'm not convinced it's all COVID-19 related.

Edited by TwiceBorn

I got Barkham Horror today (in Sweden). The FLGS I got it at has it in stock, they have 12 copies of Barkham Horror at the moment according to their website. I'm guessing shipping from Sweden to UK would be rather expensive, compared to getting it at your FLGS, but you could send alphaspel an e-mail and ask them how much shipping to the UK would be: https://alphaspel.se/international-orders/

The website is only in Swedish, but if you search for Barkham Horror in the search bar you shoud find it and be able to se how many they have in stock at the moment (12 i butiken = 12 in stock).

2 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

If it sells well (and clearly, it is), then I don't see why there wouldn't be a reprint. It might be a bit slower compared to other products in the line, but even POD scenarios like Curse of the Rougarou and Carnevale of Horrors just got reprints. I doubt your FLGS would know what FFG intends to reprint or not at this stage in the game.

That said, I understand your frustration.

No retailer in Canada seems to have gotten their pre-orders of the Land of Sorrow adventure pack for the Lord of the Rings LCG, which was released in early August in the U.S. (and earlier in other parts of the world, it seems). FFG release dates in Canada are usually the same as in the U.S. There's just no making sense of how things get distributed... and I'm not convinced it's all COVID-19 related.

Actually it's 3 shops that have now been told they there is not going to be a reprint....which they got from the distributor which they got from FFG seemingly. They were querying because of the really low amount of stock they were given.

1 hour ago, k7e9 said:

I got Barkham Horror today (in Sweden). The FLGS I got it at has it in stock, they have 12 copies of Barkham Horror at the moment according to their website. I'm guessing shipping from Sweden to UK would be rather expensive, compared to getting it at your FLGS, but you could send alphaspel an e-mail and ask them how much shipping to the UK would be: https://alphaspel.se/international-orders/

The website is only in Swedish, but if you search for Barkham Horror in the search bar you shoud find it and be able to se how many they have in stock at the moment (12 i butiken = 12 in stock).

Going to check Swedish store and see if i can get one, thanks :=) Just did a quick check and a few conversions. It would cost £60 to buy from Sweden. I live in North East England right next to the ferry terminal where we get a lot of Scandinavians coming in to buy stuff, especially at Christmas. People always said it's cheaper to get on the ferry and make a shopping trip to the UK. Just realised how true that was when I saw how much they charge for the expansion pack. It's just over 1 1/2 times what we pay in the UK. price here is £18.95, conversion would be £31 or so. And postage would double that. I've ordered from the Netherlands in the past so might check their stores.

Edited by Andyh19

Noticed 2 errors in the scenario.

The new mystic card has a combat symbol in the text of the card when it should pretty clearly be an agility (no big deal).

Duke's elder sign seems to imply that the Friendly Human asset should exhaust at some point... but the text on Friendly Human never requires it to be exhausted. Thoughts on rules as intended?

15 minutes ago, Soakman said:

The new mystic card has a combat symbol in the text of the card when it should pretty clearly be an agility (no big deal).

Yeah, it looks like it was correctly changed to an agility symbol in at least some of the non-English translations.

15 minutes ago, Soakman said:

Duke's elder sign seems to imply that the Friendly Human asset should exhaust at some point... but the text on Friendly Human never requires it to be exhausted. Thoughts on rules as intended?

I would imagine that Friendly Human is meant to exhaust after triggering his reaction ability, similar to how Duke exhausts when you are playing Pete.

I'm really frustrated with FFG's lack of communication regarding the supply issues. I love the game, but it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth. If this is gonna happen with every release...if I have to fight and pay ridiculous money to be one of the 20 people who receive the product, I'm just gonna end up walking.

my pre-order got cancelled, so i reordered from minimarket yesterday ~ let's see if they can fulfill it.

if i strike out again, i'm okay with just letting it go. i mostly only wanted the pack for Duke.

18 hours ago, Assussanni said:

Yeah, it looks like it was correctly changed to an agility symbol in at least some of the non-English translations.

I would imagine that Friendly Human is meant to exhaust after triggering his reaction ability, similar to how Duke exhausts when you are playing Pete.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. But if you compare investigators, Jenny gets +1 resource every turn PLUS an additional signature, whereas Duke just gets Friendly Human (so a card/resource/healing) once per turn IF you pass a test. Seems a little below the curve maybe (and Skids O'Drool's ability and signature are just insane; when we played he did 9 testless damage in a turn).

Edited by Soakman