From Emergent and Exile to Force User?

By copperbell, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I was wondering if any of you ran a game or characters where a character who starts off as either a Force Emergent or Force Exile that eventually went on to select a career from the Force & Destiny book.

How did you or they handle this?

For example did you allow them to swap out their Force Emergent or Exile Career for the Force & Destiny Career with an additional cost of 10xp so the 20 initial cost for being Force Sensitive is part of the price for the new career since there's no skills.

I know unlikely given they probably bought talents from the Force Emergent or Exile list so I just would like to know how you handled it?

Did it require a teacher or holocron mentor?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by copperbell

There's nothing per RAW stopping you from purchasing a Specialization from the F&D line as an out-of-career spec.

But changing your actual Career would require a GM approved rebuild of the character, as per RAW, you can only have your one starting Career.

@copperbell

Is this the same character (Diplomat Ambassador FS Emergent) you discussed over in the AoR forum?

If so, as I said in my previous post, you can just spend the extra XP to buy into an F&D spec as out-of-career. You'd still have all your other specs, and still have Diplomat as your Career.

Edit:

Also, I think you might be confusing Career and Specialization.

You can only have one Career, but any number of Specializations.

Edited by salamar_dree