Can Hunter work against trooper units?

By Jerome6741, in Rules

I've been told hunter is only effective against named characters with multiple health value which have at least one wound, and has no effect on Trooper units because even if the trooper unit is down one or more minis, the remaining minis are not, in fact, wounded. Can someone please clarify?

So I'm not sure about single wound units, but there are multi-wound troopers like the Imperial Guards and the Wookiees Warriors.

Hunter checks if the unit is wounded which is defined as having a wound token. So it can't trigger against units with one health minis.

Any unit with minis that have more than one health can potentially cause Hunter to trigger, but they need to currently have a wound token.

Edited by Caimheul1313
8 hours ago, Jerome6741 said:

I've been told hunter is only effective against named characters with multiple health value which have at least one wound, and has no effect on Trooper units because even if the trooper unit is down one or more minis, the remaining minis are not, in fact, wounded. Can someone please clarify?

As already stated by others, the defending unit MUST have at least one wound token to trigger hunter. Wounded is clearly defined in the rules:

"A mini with at least one wound token assigned to it is wounded"

"A unit with at least one wounded mini is considered wounded."

On a side note, take into account that named characters are also Trooper units. It's important to not confuse that because there are many effects that interacts with troopers and they are troopers.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Thank you all for the response!

9 hours ago, Jerome6741 said:

Well, Hunter ONLY works against Trooper units. They just have to have an actual wound token, so attacking anything with only 1 wound per model will never trigger Hunter.

Units with Fives or Del Meeko, Tristan & Ursa Wren as upgrades in them can technically be wounded as all those minis are 2 woumd minis even if the unit is 1 wound.

20 minutes ago, syrath said:

Units with Fives or Del Meeko, Tristan & Ursa Wren as upgrades in them can technically be wounded as all those minis are 2 woumd minis even if the unit is 1 wound.

Yes, however unless those models were able to be LoS sniped, or are the only model left in the unit, the unit is not (generally) going to have a wound token still.

10 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Yes, however unless those models were able to be LoS sniped, or are the only model left in the unit, the unit is not (generally) going to have a wound token still.

Yeah but still possible, but also depends what unit inferno squad and clan wren minis have 2 wounds also