Padmé Amidala 101 Article

By oreet, in Star Wars: Legion

the mortar launcher on the at-st isnt canon

the groundbuzzer on the airspeeder isnt canon

lukes landspeeder didnt have a medium blaster on the hood

theres already numerous examples of weapons being made up for legion that arnt canon. or custom weapons being added to vehicles.

the occupier tank should definitely have an ordnance slot. Because its very easy to add an ordnance slot, it uses existing cards, and giving it an ordnance slot would help define its role better while keeping it consistent with all the other tanks in the game which all have ordnance slots. And if it needs visual representation they can just have people glue an HH12 stormtrooper onto the tank, now it has visually represented ordnance, because its not like anyone is using their HH12s for anything else. Ive got 6 of them lying around that I havent used for 2 years.

And I seriously doubt anyone at LFL is going to be like NO YOU CANT PUT AN ORDNANCE SLOT ON A TANK. No one at LFL would even care about that...

Edited by Khobai
21 hours ago, Khobai said:

blast isnt an antipersonnel keyword? blast is easily the best antipersonnel keyword in the game. Blast is the only reason for even taking the AT-ST.

You're not really reading what is being written, are you?

I read exactly what was written and then I disagreed with it because it was wrong.

the at-st's main blaster + twin blaster with 3 red, 3 black, 3 white, impact 4 is not good at killing saber tanks at all. in fact it will barely even scratch a saber tank with a dodge token. Youll be lucky to do 1-2 wounds on average.

conversely the saber tank with anti-armor rockets hits back with 3 red, 4 black, 2 white impact 5, critical 1 and is quite effective at killing at-sts. doing 3-4 wounds on average but potential to do way more with impact 5/critical 1. Ive seen it kill an AT-ST in 2 turns with amazing rolls.

The AT-ST has absolutely no chance against a saber tank. Theres no point in even putting the twin light blaster on the AT-ST. Because it cant destroy heavier vehicles anyway and any lighter vehicles it can still easily destroy with the main blaster+grenade launcher anyway. the grenade launcher is also much more versatile against infantry in cover because of the blast keyword.

Yes its only range 2 but thats not really a problem if you build the AT-ST in such a way that it can take a move action every turn. Imperial Hammer Pilot + Linked Targeting Array lets you stay mobile while still giving you an aim token and offensive surge to hit. Or you can just go with Sergeant Arbmab for the cheaper option which gives you the aim token but not the surge to hit.

If the light twin blaster is intended to fill an anti-armor role it needs to do a much better job of it. Because its not worth 20 points the way it is now. The light twin blaster should be range 4 so it can stay outside of the range of the saber tank's anti-armor rockets. All the other big heavies get range 4 on at least one of their non-ordnance weapons so I dont think that poses a balance issue. The light twin blaster should also have at least critical 1 or critical 2. Then it could plink the saber tank from a safer range of 4 and I might even have a desire to use it over the grenade launcher.

I also wouldnt be opposed to the AT-ST just getting Arsenal 3. Just because its anti-armor firepower is a bit lacking without any ordnance slots and it has to rely more on brute forcing crits through since it doesnt have as good of keywords.

Edited by Khobai
On 9/17/2020 at 2:47 AM, Khobai said:

Clones are not point starved lmao.

You know whos actually point starved? Imperials. Because they pay the same points as clones for WORSE units.

shoretroopers are basically clonetrooper phase 1s without firesupport or token sharing for the same cost of 13 points a model.

they pay the same points for their at-st as clones do for their saber tank when the at-st is way worse.

So yeah if im on an anti-clone kick is because im sick about hearing how clones are the victims all the time when Imperials are the worst faction in the game.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:25 AM, Khobai said:

The best tactic is crying until they get nerfed.

I could argue about Phase 1s vs Shore Troopers (and Mortars who go hand in hand) and we could have a great discussion about them, but I can see you’re against discourse of any kind and you rebuff anything anyone tries to bring up believing that everything you know, must be true. That being the case, I will challenge you to try using clones a couple times. Get a Republic playing friend to lend you some and give those so called overpowered units a try against him (or her) as they use your units. I think you will find the grass is not as green as you think and if clones are more powerful, it’s not by much.

If the Empire is the least powerful faction, that will be the first time since Scout Troopers that they’re at the bottom of the list, and so I would recommend doing what the rest of us non-imperial players have had to do, wait till the next units come out and see how things change. You never know, you could end up with an OP unit like Tauntauns. Just saying.

you could except shoretrooper just got a major nerf.