Need help with Rebel lists

By Big k, in Army Building

Trying to decide between the following lists for an event.

List 2 has some points spare to use, also open to changes on a list. These aren't set in stone and happy to try a few things. Going to play test one of the lists tomorrow night.

List 1

Townsville maybe
798/800 (13 activations)
Commanders:
- Leia Organa (90): Commanding Presence (5), Aggressive Tactics (10) = 105
Corps:
- 3× Rebel Veterans (48): Rebel Veteran (12), Recon Intel (2) = 186
- 3× Medium Blaster Trooper (38) = 114
Special Forces:
- 3× Commando Strike Team (20): DH-447 Sniper (28), Hunter (6) = 162
Support:
- 3× Laser Cannon Team (70): Barrage Generator (7) = 231

List 2

Townsville maybe 2
764/800 (10 activations)
Commanders:
- Cassian Andor (90): Hunter (6), A280-CFE Config (10) = 106
Operative:
- K-2SO = 70
Corps:
- 2× Rebel Veterans (48): Rebel Veteran (12), Recon Intel (2) = 124
- 2× Medium Blaster Trooper (38) = 76
Special Forces:
- Clan Wren (34): Tristan Wren (38), Ursa Wren (38), Offensive Push (4), Jetpack Rockets (8) = 122
- Mandalorian Resistance (72): Beskad Duelist (28), Offensive Push (4), Jetpack Rockets (8) = 112
Support:
- 2× Laser Cannon Team (70): Barrage Generator (7) = 154

List 3

Townsville maybe 2
799/800 (10 activations)
Commanders:
- Leia Organa (90): Commanding Presence (5) = 95
Corps:
Special Forces:
- Clan Wren (34): Tristan Wren (38), Ursa Wren (38), Offensive Push (4), Jetpack Rockets (8) = 122
- Mandalorian Resistance (72): Beskad Duelist (28), Offensive Push (4), Jetpack Rockets (8) = 112
Support:
- 3× Tauntaun Riders (90) = 270

13 hours ago, Big k said:

Trying to decide between the following lists for an event.

List 2 has some points spare to use, also open to changes on a list. These aren't set in stone and happy to try a few things. Going to play test one of the lists tomorrow night.

List 1

Townsville maybe
798/800 (13 activations)
Commanders:
- Leia Organa (90): Commanding Presence (5), Aggressive Tactics (10) = 105
Corps:
- 3× Rebel Veterans (48): Rebel Veteran (12), Recon Intel (2) = 186
- 3× Medium Blaster Trooper (38) = 114
Special Forces:
- 3× Commando Strike Team (20): DH-447 Sniper (28), Hunter (6) = 162
Support:
- 3× Laser Cannon Team (70): Barrage Generator (7) = 231

List 2

Townsville maybe 2
764/800 (10 activations)
Commanders:
- Cassian Andor (90): Hunter (6), A280-CFE Config (10) = 106
Operative:
- K-2SO = 70
Corps:
Special Forces:
Support:
- 2× Laser Cannon Team (70): Barrage Generator (7) = 154

List 3

Townsville maybe 2
799/800 (10 activations)
Commanders:
- Leia Organa (90): Commanding Presence (5) = 95
Corps:
Special Forces:
Support:
- 3× Tauntaun Riders (90) = 270

While I love the laser cannon, I don't think I I'd run more than one especially now that vital Assets is out. For that reason alone e I'd go with the last one but I'd prefer to swap out the mando unit for Sabine as her synergy with these are really good. The jetpack rockets are a bit unreliable in that they could be a godsend against an RT /ST or a tank list but less so if your opponent has no armour, esp with clan wrens 3red attack.

What does aggressive tactics do on Leia in list 1? All of those units have surges Offensively and Defensively?

List 2

I'd get Uplink for both of your turrets. Issue orders, shoot, recover, repeat.

And i would add Jyns blaster to K2

Then maybe another cheap upgrade to Cassian unless you have to be blue player.

In list 3, unless you're running Sabine, is clan wren that much better than a regular mando unit? I'm just asking. Wren has more wounds, but doesn't have the coordinated weapons ranges. What's been your experience?

5 hours ago, buckero0 said:

What does aggressive tactics do on Leia in list 1? All of those units have surges Offensively and Defensively?

List 2

I'd get Uplink for both of your turrets. Issue orders, shoot, recover, repeat.

And i would add Jyns blaster to K2

Then maybe another cheap upgrade to Cassian unless you have to be blue player.

In list 3, unless you're running Sabine, is clan wren that much better than a regular mando unit? I'm just asking. Wren has more wounds, but doesn't have the coordinated weapons ranges. What's been your experience?

Was meant to take aggressive tactics off.

I've used Clan Wren and when I started being aggressive with them they started smashing face.

The rockets are great for troops as well with blast and surging to hit. Clan Wren took 3 wounds off rex turn one. If I had the Mando unit as well there is a good chance he would have been toast before doing anything

9 hours ago, syrath said:

While I love the laser cannon, I don't think I I'd run more than one especially now that vital Assets is out. For that reason alone e I'd go with the last one but I'd prefer to swap out the mando unit for Sabine as her synergy with these are really good. The jetpack rockets are a bit unreliable in that they could be a godsend against an RT /ST or a tank list but less so if your opponent has no armour, esp with clan wrens 3red attack.

The jet rockets are great, even against troops. Blast, surge to hit and you'll usually get all to hit, a tank is a sweater target for sure, but 3/4 or 7/8 red dice coming at anything turn one with a great chance for all to hit, ignore cover, even a cocky Commander in line of sight is gonna have a bad turn 1

4 minutes ago, Big k said:

The jet rockets are great, even against troops. Blast, surge to hit and you'll usually get all to hit, a tank is a sweater target for sure, but 3/4 or 7/8 red dice coming at anything turn one with a great chance for all to hit, ignore cover, even a cocky Commander in line of sight is gonna have a bad turn 1

Fair enough

cool, I haven't gotten mandos on the table, so I'm super curious how they perform