What is your Baseline Test Scenario?

By IceHot42, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Kind of curious to get some opinions.

When you build a new deck (ie. change aspects) or tweak a deck what Villain/Module scenario do you prefer to use as a baseline test?

I decided to go with Klaw/Bomb Scare Expert (I'll play 4 hands and keep the deck if I win at least 2).

I have a reasonable win rate against it without it being too swingy from the opening hand. It is mostly straight foward. It has multi-stages, so stage suppression factors in. It offers small but consistent minions, has upgrades that warrant removal, substantial side-schemes, and anti-thwarting, as well as costs for exhausting, and single resource hands.

I usually play it into Expert Rhino first (as I like to see if it works when it’s firing on all cylinders) and then play it into Expert Klaw.

I generally try against Rhino first as if it has significant issues doing what it was intended to without disruption, chances are it’s not going to work well in another scenario that’s actively trying to mess with my planning. I’ve only played it once so far, but Expert Absorbing Man might become a good alternative for this - it looks to be less swingy in true solo, and comes with a handy timer to show you how quickly a deck can beat him for comparison purposes...

10 minutes ago, FearLord said:

I usually play it into Expert Rhino first (as I like to see if it works when it’s firing on all cylinders) and then play it into Expert Klaw.

I generally try against Rhino first as if it has significant issues doing what it was intended to without disruption, chances are it’s not going to work well in another scenario that’s actively trying to mess with my planning. I’ve only played it once so far, but Expert Absorbing Man might become a good alternative for this - it looks to be less swingy in true solo, and comes with a handy timer to show you how quickly a deck can beat him for comparison purposes...

Sounds good - can hardly wait for RotR