Double the Fall - Tactics

By Thamiar, in Army Building

I have seen many CIS lists called Double the Fall.
Fore example:
800/800 (9 activations)
General Grievous (Strict Orders, Endurance, DT-57 Annihilator)
Count Dooku (Force Choke, Force Push, Force Reflexes, Aggressive Tactics)
B1 Battle Droids (E-5C B1 Trooper)
B1 Battle Droids (HQ Uplink)
BX-Series Droid Commandos (Strike Team) (BX-Series Droid Sniper)
BX-Series Droid Commandos (Strike Team) (BX-Series Droid Sniper)
Or
794/800 (9 activations)
Count Dooku (Force Push, Force Reflexes, Force Choke, Aggressive Tactics)
General Grievous (Strict Orders, Endurance, DT-57 "Annihilator")
3× B1 Battle Droids
2× B1 Battle Droids (HQ Uplink)
2× BX-Series Droid Commandos (Tenacity, Vibroswords)

But I do not really understand how to properly play this list. Could someone share his/her experience?

I personally like your second team better. You have 4 scary things running at your opponent with a bunch of fodder to keep them safe. Be sure to play GG's 2 pip when you willl be shot at the most. This will keep your 4 melee units relatively safe for the round. I would take GG's 1 and 2 pips and dooku's 3 cards and an assault card (instead of GG's 3 pip) so you can try to get the most out of Aggressive tactics on Dooku.

Once you get close eliminate the biggest damage threat with Dooku's 1 pip. People will argue all day about whether to take force choke or saber throw. The majority like force choke on him. I personally like Saber throw for the pierce 3 on his 1 pip which almost ensures an auto kill on a unit, but everyone has their preferences.

I would lead with Dooku's 3 pip to move forward with some dodges in round 1 trying to stay in cover and behind LOS (line of sight) blocking terrain. The round 2 I would play GG's 2 pip and make sure all you high value untis are within range 1 of the B1's with face up tokens to ensure they can guardian all hits off them.

By round 3 you should be in their face and should start winning battles with GG's 1 pip and Dooku's 1 or 2 pip.

Actually I might switch aggressive tactics to Grevious, your B1s will need the surge on the round you play his 2 pip.

Edited by weebaer