Bleeding Condition

By Flexdu21, in Rules Questions

Hi everyone, it's me again !

I need your help.

Does a character who is in Bleeding Condition take damage from his condition in step 5 or in step 6 ?
In other words, if he uses opprtunity to negate 1 strife on the current roll, does he also negate the point of endurance suffered (due to the Bleeding Condition)?

thanks in advance !

I would assume no, because you chose the strife already so you will keep bleeding but at least you keep your composure

Bleeding works off of the "strife symbols on kept dice", not off of the Strife you end up gaining.

So spending opportunities to negate strife doesn't affect Bleeding and neither does Void stance.

You both are sure about that ?

Yup. I tried to literally quote the book, best I can without the symbol ^^

You also don't get Fatigue from Bleeding if someone else spends a Fire Opportunity to give you Strife, for example.

And you still bleed in Void Stance.

To clarify further, "Strife" and "Strife symbols on kept dice" are not the same thing. "Removing strife" and "negating (flame)" are two different mechanical effects. The former changes only the number on your character sheet, the latter essentially acts as a "pretend this isn't printed on that die face." If applicable, it can be helpful to simply turn the die over (but not all symbols have strifeless versions on all dice).

Shiba Guardian is one of the few schools that has a way to outright negate (flame), and is incredibly powerful when paired with a Fire mage because of it. And Ishiken too now, I suppose.

Strife symbols are cherry blossom petals, actually, this is noted in the book.

Thank you so much ! You guys are awesome !

49 minutes ago, Orolando said:

To clarify further, "Strife" and "Strife symbols on kept dice" are not the same thing. "Removing strife" and "negating (flame)" are two different mechanical effects. The former changes only the number on your character sheet, the latter essentially acts as a "pretend this isn't printed on that die face." If applicable, it can be helpful to simply turn the die over (but not all symbols have strifeless versions on all dice).

Shiba Guardian is one of the few schools that has a way to outright negate (flame), and is incredibly powerful when paired with a Fire mage because of it. And Ishiken too now, I suppose.

22 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Strife symbols are cherry blossom petals, actually, this is noted in the book.

Well, yeah, but they sure made it look like flames.