Epic Tournament (on TTS) Report

By Gilarius, in X-Wing Epic Play

Recently, I played in an online Epic Tournament. Rules used were: 500pts, maximum of 8 non-huge ships per huge ship taken, no limits on taking multiple huge ships.
I used a Raider (Corvus title, Admiral Sloane, Ordnance Tubes, Ion Battery, Plasma Torpedoes, Cluster Missiles, Sensor Experts, Damage Control Team) with Kagi & Jendon, both with Jamming Beams; Capt Jonus and 4 friends in a Wing, each with Conc Missiles and 3 of the 4 with Cluster Missiles, plus Afterburners on Jonus); and 2 Academy Tie Fighters docked on Corvus.

There were 5 players and I got a bye for round 1, then faced double C-Rocs:

syndicatesmugglers croccruiser (70)
Boba Fett + IG-88D + Damage Control Team + Deadman's Switch
Drea Renthal BTL-A4 Y-wing (70)
Swarm Tactics + Plasma Torpedoes + R4 Astromech + Afterburners + Veteran Wing Leader
Crymorah Goon BTL-A4 Y-wing (38)
Plasma Torpedoes
Crymorah Goon BTL-A4 Y-wing (43)
Proton Torpedoes
Crymorah Goon BTL-A4 Y-wing (43)
Proton Torpedoes
Serissu M3-A Interceptor (47)
Swarm Tactics + Jamming Beam + Veteran Wing Leader
Tansarii Point Veteran M3-A Interceptor (29)
Jamming Beam
Tansarii Point Veteran M3-A Interceptor (29)
Jamming Beam
Captain Nym Scurrg H-6 bomber (63)
Seismic Charges + Proton Bombs + Havoc + Trajectory Simulator
syndicatesmugglers croccruiser (68)
Tobias Beckett + Comms Team

Boba Fett's C-ROC appeared on my flank, facing my bombers, which was annoying. But key to the Scummy victory were the Jamming Beams - Kagi worked well, and prevented the Y-Wings ever shooting any torpedoes all game, but the Scyks (2 of them firing before anything else) simply removed the Raider's Reinforce and then all my Locks and other tokens; Drea's reroll effect worked extremely well for everything except Serissu (and Nym, but he died to my bombers before doing anything of note) and they all did pretty much maximum damage to the Raider, which did its best but without any dice mods or being able to fire its missiles, only killed 2 of the Scyks before dying.
The bombers and shuttles did fine, and the Academies did a magnificent job of blocking, but it was a moderately large loss - 280odd to 150-odd.

Round 3 saw my list being played by a friend due to me being away from my computer, where he faced an almost-mirror:

outerrimpatrol raiderclasscorvette (192)
Plasma Torpedoes + Concussion Missiles + Ordnance Tubes + Targeting Battery + Admiral Sloane + Damage Control Team + Ordnance Team + Optimized Power Core + Corvus
Lieutenant Sai Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle (51)
Jamming Beam + ST-321
Captain Jonus TIE/sa Bomber (54)
Marksmanship + Diamond-Boron Missiles + Veteran Wing Leader
Scimitar Squadron Pilot TIE/sa Bomber (35)
Barrage Rockets
Barrage Rockets
Barrage Rockets
Inquisitor TIE Advanced v1 (54)
Supernatural Reflexes + Proton Rockets + Agent of the Empire
Academy Pilot TIE/ln Fighter (22)
Academy Pilot TIE/ln Fighter (22)

This was very even and my friend won by 15pts.

The event was won by:

Scum and Villainy (500)

syndicatesmugglers croccruiser (67)
Boba Fett + Damage Control Team + Deadman's Switch
IG-88B Aggressor Assault Fighter (79)
Trajectory Simulator + Jamming Beam + Heavy Laser Cannon + Proton Bombs + IG-2000
IG-88A Aggressor Assault Fighter (83)
Trajectory Simulator + Jamming Beam + Heavy Laser Cannon + Proton Bombs + IG-2000
IG-88C Aggressor Assault Fighter (80)
Captain Nym Scurrg H-6 bomber (62)
Dorsal Turret + Proton Bombs + Havoc + Trajectory Simulator
Serissu M3-A Interceptor (43)
Jamming Beam + Veteran Wing Leader
Cartel Spacer M3-A Interceptor (28)
Autoblasters
Cartel Spacer M3-A Interceptor (28)
Autoblasters
Cartel Spacer M3-A Interceptor (30)
Heavy Laser Cannon

Which I'd faced in a practice match where I scraped a lucky win with my final shot to kill an IG at range 4, through a gas cloud, with an unmodded shot from a CR90! I'd taken 7 ARC170s led by Sinker, plus a CR90 for the Galactic Republic. Great fun, but the bombs wrecked my ARCs and I should have lost.

Conclusions: Jamming off huge ships' Reinforces and other tokens wrecks them, particularly ordnance Raiders; really cheap C-ROCs are superb; Drea is awesome; Jonus and friends are very, very good; a swarm of Academy Tie fighters or equivalent, out of a wing, really help win matches.

Edited by Gilarius
grammar