The Rise of Red Skull - avability

By Sarseth, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

How many copies was made? Each shop when starts pre-purchase it's depleted in 30 minutes. 26 copies a moment ago was sold in 30 minutes. The other shop had 2 copies to pre-order. Now shops elevate prices..

I feel very disappointed. When is gonna be second print? Half year later? Year later?

Why are you making jokes like this?

They probably hit 'print' on Rise of Red Skull 3-6 months ago. So it's hard to predict current demand that much in advance. Also there was/is a global pandemic that affected the productivity of factories in China and global logistics.

I know COVID, I understand hard prediction. But living blind is hard. Shops don't know amount they gonna have, some sells preorders in such advance, now they gonna only have only half of them. Here we have 'probably' - no info about reprint that is certainly needed. I'm wasting my time hitting refresh button praying that this shop gonna not sell out in 5 minutes.. happened that I got lucky half an hour ago. Thou when refreshed it was sold out.
But this was not nice experience 🤷‍♂️

Preordered mine months ago, arrived this morning 🥳

4 hours ago, Sarseth said:

I know COVID, I understand hard prediction. But living blind is hard. Shops don't know amount they gonna have, some sells preorders in such advance, now they gonna only have only half of them. Here we have 'probably' - no info about reprint that is certainly needed. I'm wasting my time hitting refresh button praying that this shop gonna not sell out in 5 minutes.. happened that I got lucky half an hour ago. Thou when refreshed it was sold out.
But this was not nice experience 🤷‍♂️

Blaming COVID is not 100% accurate as FFG is notorious for under printing their more popular products with months, sometimes over 12, between reprints. 2 options I have found is pre order extremely early, think announcement day or shorly after, or if you miss out find a few online retailers that offer restock alerts. Make sure they don't go to your spam folder and order right away because you will not be the only one receiving the notification. I saw 2 a few days ago sell out in under an hour.

1 hour ago, Daft Blazer said:

Preordered mine months ago, arrived this morning 🥳

Pre-ordered mine months ago. Rang store today, they'll be posting them out as soon as they receive them. I'm not overly optimistic.

39 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Pre-ordered mine months ago. Rang store today, they'll be posting them out as soon as they receive them. I'm not overly optimistic.

I know that store in my country that was providing preorder for months gonna only deliver half of those preorders. So you not only have to preorder with FFG politics but be the sicking first one to preorder. What the H is wrong here? Yes, we can blame store for giving such possibility.. but still insufficient amount of game was printed anyway. It's literally losing customers by own wish.
PC game meme "remember, no preorders" gonna hit us hard someday.

Edited by Sarseth
2 hours ago, codytx2 said:

Blaming COVID is not 100% accurate as FFG is notorious for under printing their more popular products with months, sometimes over 12, between reprints. 2 options I have found is pre order extremely early, think announcement day or shorly after, or if you miss out find a few online retailers that offer restock alerts. Make sure they don't go to your spam folder and order right away because you will not be the only one receiving the notification. I saw 2 a few days ago sell out in under an hour.

Some people still haven't managed to get their lord of the rings packs from the Dwarrodelf Cycle which iirc came out in 2013?

I was fortunate enough to however 😎

44 minutes ago, Supertoe said:

Some people still haven't managed to get their lord of the rings packs from the Dwarrodelf Cycle which iirc came out in 2013?

I was fortunate enough to however 😎

I was able to finally get mine I think last year (?) when they did a reprint of the first few cycles. I play 6 of their current lines so I learned to let go of the frustration long ago lol.

My shipping notification came an hour-and-a-half ago. Hasn't left the Asmodee yet. I printed off the cards for the first 2 scenarios this morning. I won't play the full experience until I get the box, but I've been waiting for this too long not to waste toner.

In my experience, I suggest finding a good reliable store and leaving them in no doubt that you are a firm customer for everything for the game and they should ensure to save you each product.

Its worked well for me.

😬

No sign of it up here.

No, I'm in Scotland.

Is there any official word from FFG about shipping delays or production issues?

6 hours ago, Janaka said:

Is there any official word from FFG about shipping delays or production issues?

No, and this is one of those things that I hate. That's the reason why I started this topic. It's not like I want my money back, I actually wanna give them my money. And they still piss on this. Higher level of ignorance.

On 9/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, Humantorch101 said:

In my experience, I suggest finding a good reliable store and leaving them in no doubt that you are a firm customer for everything for the game and they should ensure to save you each product.

Its worked well for me.

Didnt work for me. I had an email from Zatu games saying sorry, you wont get it this shipment. I have been buying from them for 2 years.

5 hours ago, player3188333 said:

Didnt work for me. I had an email from Zatu games saying sorry, you wont get it this shipment. I have been buying from them for 2 years.

Sorry to hear that. I received mine from Zatu yesterday but I have had problems when I’ve pre-ordered Arkham Horror mythos packs from them in the past.

I have used Zatu in the past but they're not my prefered supplier as they're not above a bit of price gouging from time to time. I give most of my custom to magicmadhouse and chaoscards.

Chaos Cards and Games Lore are the two places I usually check first. I think both might have already allocated their expected pre-order stock when I was looking? I’ve not tried Magic Madhouse before, I’ll bear them in mind in future.

I prefer trying to keep my local brick-and-mortar store open, but they have been shorted on so many things be Asmodée UK it's very frustrating.

Had a similar experience in Swansea in the UK. Pre orderd at my local game shop, but the supplier didn't send any to them. So don't know when im going to get it. I was looking forward to the campaign.

Luckily I haven't had much issue with Arkham Horror lcg.

On 9/5/2020 at 3:26 PM, Janaka said:

I have used Zatu in the past but they're not my prefered supplier as they're not above a bit of price gouging from time to time. I give most of my custom to magicmadhouse and chaoscards.

Yes i use Magic as well, maybe i will use the more now. Interesting about the price gouging though. At the start of lockdown they sent out an email saying they were taking pre-orders for a rare expansion to Memoir 44 so i placed the order. It turns out that Asmodee had no intention of re-printing the expansion so i suspect Zatu were just looking to boost their cash-flow!

Edited by player3188333

Well, I've received an email from the supplier I pre-ordered with to inform me, with many apologies, that my order cannot be fulfilled and they cannot give me any indication of when it can. It appears that FFG/Asmodee has seriously under produced the product and have let down many customers as a result.

I'm narked by two things in particular: 1. I, like many others, pre-ordered months ago. FFG/Asmodee would know well in advance the numbers they need to produce just to fulfil the pre-existing demand in the supply chain. Why then, did they get it so very wrong? 2. There has been no official acknowledgement of the situation from FFG, no explanation, no apology for letting down their customers and no word of how quickly they will set about a re-print run just to fulfil the outstanding pre-orders that they owe to the supply chain.

I was so looking forward to some family time playing the new Rise of the Red Skull campaign this weekend. Instead, I have no campaign set, no clue when I might receive it and frankly little inclination remaining to play any Marvel Champions at the moment as I feel so badly let down.