The Rise of Red Skull -

By Daft Blazer, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

5 hours ago, Daft Blazer said:

I’ve played the first scenario and squeaked a victory, Spider Woman perished, but Hawkeye finished Crossbones off the next turn. I enjoyed the two new Heroes, though I think the decks could be improved a lot!

it’s early to say, having only completed the first scenario, but the campaign looks a little “light” in its content..... as I say this may be premature, we’ll see!

hope you all get your boxes tomorrow 👍

waiting for Gloomhaven, Jaws of the Lion to arrive now 🤯

I couldn't wait for Jaws of the Lion and was able to get it at Target early. It was so easy to learn in the condensed form. Some friends tried the original and had a lot of trouble and I showed them JotL and they were blown away at the difference. I was hesitant to get the original also but feel more confident now with a rules base to work from.

15 hours ago, Daft Blazer said:

I’ve played the first scenario and squeaked a victory, Spider Woman perished, but Hawkeye finished Crossbones off the next turn. I enjoyed the two new Heroes, though I think the decks could be improved a lot!

it’s early to say, having only completed the first scenario, but the campaign looks a little “light” in its content..... as I say this may be premature, we’ll see!

hope you all get your boxes tomorrow 👍

waiting for Gloomhaven, Jaws of the Lion to arrive now 🤯

9 hours ago, codytx2 said:

I couldn't wait for Jaws of the Lion and was able to get it at Target early. It was so easy to learn in the condensed form. Some friends tried the original and had a lot of trouble and I showed them JotL and they were blown away at the difference. I was hesitant to get the original also but feel more confident now with a rules base to work from.

I just finished Jaws last weekend so I would be clear for Red Skull (which hasn't left the warehouse yet!!). I really like it. Yeah, couldn't be easier to learn. I took the Red Guard and the Voidwarden all the way through. Voidwarden reached lvl 9 on the final mission. I then played every side/branching mission (except for the Demolitionist & Hatchet specific). Red Guard reached 9 at the end of all of them. Voidwarden has half the HP of Red & can be hard to keep alive at first, but she becomes ridiculously effective. I think that the Demolitionist & Hatchet would be easier, but I really liked the pair I played.

---

I desperation, I've printed off the Red Skull cards from cardgamedb.com and started them last night. Didn't grab the weapon modular set, so I just skipped to the other set I pilfered ( Evil Metomorpho Absorbing Man). He's really interesting and I really like the Expert Campaign . I can't see me not playing with that whenever I don't play these as stand-alone-scenarios.

Success! FLGS had a dozen available and FFG HQ had three when I swung by to check them out.

I really appreciate we have a proper box with this expansion, unlike Arkham with its horrible flimsy affair!

I’ve added Skilled Strike to my Spider Woman deck, basically +3dmg for a zero cost card.

So are you allowed to lose games in this campaign, like Arkham? Or is it like LOTR where if you lose you are out.

No failing forward. If you lose you're supposed to reset and try again.

Played the first three scenarios of the campaign this evening, with the pre-built hawkeye and Spiderwoman decks. Each of the villains has felt nicely different so far. No losses, though. I dont want this game to be as punishing as Arkham can be, but I feel it could have been a little more difficult.

Maybe the expert campaign will fix that feeling (i started with the standard campaign, as I was using the pre-built decks).

Both Hawkeye and Spiderwoman are great fun to play.

Edited by CaffeineAddict