Non- Symmetrical BattleFields

By CinnaWolf, in Terrain Building

How can one make a battlefield that is very lopsided fair?

AN example is a factory. The Imperial Side has a complex and buildings, but the rebel side has like production lines. How can I make this fair

38 minutes ago, CinnaWolf said:

How can one make a battlefield that is very lopsided fair?

AN example is a factory. The Imperial Side has a complex and buildings, but the rebel side has like production lines. How can I make this fair

Well, if there were walls, that would make it difficult for both parties to see. One of the new scenario cards has central deployment on one side and surrounding deployment on the other (Hemmed In) That could be the walls or borders of your factory. A Factory also has an outer court, where you could put several LOS blocking machines or vehicles, etc.

26 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Well, if there were walls, that would make it difficult for both parties to see. One of the new scenario cards has central deployment on one side and surrounding deployment on the other (Hemmed In) That could be the walls or borders of your factory. A Factory also has an outer court, where you could put several LOS blocking machines or vehicles, etc.

So basically, just let the more open area have a lot of LOS blocking terrain to allow covered movement?

this battlefield will be made for only small vehicles or troopers. My opponent has agreed to this, we're doing a custom objective

Destroy the Tie Defender Factory on Lothal

I just imagine (from my memory of the show), that the factory would be a large open area. The whole battlefield could be inside the factory even. You could use the TIE fighters as LOS blocking terrain as well.

58 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I just imagine (from my memory of the show), that the factory would be a large open area. The whole battlefield could be inside the factory even. You could use the TIE fighters as LOS blocking terrain as well.

Thank you

Keep in mind that at 1:48 scale, a 3'x6' table represents an area 144' x 288', or around 40,000 square feet. Pretty small by modern factory standards. By comparison, the factory where Boeing makes 737 Next Generation and 737 MAX airliners has 1.1 million square feet of floor space.

9 minutes ago, SFC Snuffy said:

Keep in mind that at 1:48 scale, a 3'x6' table represents an area 144' x 288', or around 40,000 square feet. Pretty small by modern factory standards. By comparison, the factory where Boeing makes 737 Next Generation and 737 MAX airliners has 1.1 million square feet of floor space.

It’s going to be an extended battlefield

and not a full factory