Deathly Turns - DLC for Wheel of Judgment

By sndwurks, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

I like the player options. The Falcon in particular benefit.

The 'early era bushi' school is awesome, too.

Rather appropriate for campaigns like @Hida Jitenno 's Dark Winter in the North.

Oh wow, this is really good. The different ideas for spiritual stuff and additional elements is cool as always, but some very good player facing stuff at the back there too, that's really cool, and will benefit players in more than just their original context.

The ghostly ronin adventure is especially great - it's a nice story, with several possible outcomes, that would work well even without Lady Mazoku's involvement just as general adventure fodder. Kakita Sadao (alter clan as required) is an honoured sensei, after all, so it's quite possible one of his former students might want to investigate his death.

A letter, diary, witness or similar could draw their attention to the 'ghost'.

Plus, Mizutsumi and Hagane are nemurani swords - if your PCs need some serious gunning up for an upcoming climax, this is a good opportunity to earn some serious firepower.

As an aside....really? Not even a mention on the front page.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

The bow school is insanely strong (free crit at rank 2+ every attack), but I do like a raw bushi option for dealing with monsters in the Enforcer. Non-shugenja who can interact with the supernatural reasonably well are sorely needed, given how often official modules invoke ghosts- seems like the majority of the party just has to sit things out half the time while the shugenja has all the fun.

(I'd personally recommend a 1/scene restriction on the Champion, which puts it level with Kaiu Engie, etc., although it's unlikely to ever be played unless it's refluffed as a ronin school.)

4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I like the player options. The Falcon in particular benefit.

Absolutely agree with you!