How to reuse cardboard boxes

By CinnaWolf, in Terrain Building

Anyone know how to the boxes the minis come in (or any cardboard, I just have a lot of the minis ones) to make terrain? Im wanting to make a lothal map.

OK, there's an article here from BGG aimed at novice crafters, and an excellent one here for making a box into a terrain-piece building. That second article is one in a whole series ( here ) which offer some great suggestions on crafting everyday items into terrain for a wargames table. They make heavy use of the terrain sprues that they sell, but most of those things can be crafted easily enough or there are several retailers that offer doors, vents, and other 'widgets' for adding a more polished touch to your terrain.

There are a ton of tutorials on YouTube, and everyone has their favorites, of course. I'd recommend Black Magic Craft's channel which has a whole series aimed at beginners.

There's a learning curve to this sort of crafting, so don't be too hard on yourself if your early attempts aren't quite what you envisioned. As a whole, the community is pretty helpful if you have specific questions but a search engine will probably get you the same results even quicker.

2 hours ago, SFC Snuffy said:

OK, there's an article here from BGG aimed at novice crafters, and an excellent one here for making a box into a terrain-piece building. That second article is one in a whole series ( here ) which offer some great suggestions on crafting everyday items into terrain for a wargames table. They make heavy use of the terrain sprues that they sell, but most of those things can be crafted easily enough or there are several retailers that offer doors, vents, and other 'widgets' for adding a more polished touch to your terrain.

There are a ton of tutorials on YouTube, and everyone has their favorites, of course. I'd recommend Black Magic Craft's channel which has a whole series aimed at beginners.

There's a learning curve to this sort of crafting, so don't be too hard on yourself if your early attempts aren't quite what you envisioned. As a whole, the community is pretty helpful if you have specific questions but a search engine will probably get you the same results even quicker.

Thanks a lot!