Basics - stand by and relentless

By Deddog, in Rules

So vader moves and triggers a standby

Then vader uses relentless and the same clone squad then uses another stand by

Really!?

Yes ... Welcome to the wonderful world of Clone-standby-sharing ...

22 hours ago, SailorMeni said:

Yes ... Welcome to the wonderful world of Clone-standby-sharing ...

I still don't understand how sharing standby works on a mechanical level.. The way it seems to work is that if you are in range of another unit with tokens, you're considered to have said tokens all the time? How else could you measure range from the unit that 'borrows' the token to trigger standby, since they have no prompt to do so otherwise? It just becomes a huge catch 22 in my head when I try to figure it out...

2 hours ago, RejjeN said:

I still don't understand how sharing standby works on a mechanical level.. The way it seems to work is that if you are in range of another unit with tokens, you're considered to have said tokens all the time? How else could you measure range from the unit that 'borrows' the token to trigger standby, since they have no prompt to do so otherwise? It just becomes a huge catch 22 in my head when I try to figure it out...

If you are able to spend the standby token, you are considered to be able to perform the standby action and therefore are able to check the range from a unit without the Standby token. The problem with "considering them to have the token all the time" is the interaction with suppression tokens, so it's a little better (for me at least) to just mentally go, they can spend the standby token, therefore they are eligible.

Edited by Caimheul1313