A Character Concept

By copperbell, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

I've been going over a character for a game I hope to get involved in maybe this year though probably next year given the events we're still coping with.

I've got the character done just want some advise on her as I think it needs a bit of work.

She's a Force Sensitive Ambassador with Forsee ability via the Force Emergent with a 3 in Agility, Intellect and Willpower and 2 in the others with a rank in Charm, Deception, Knowledges (Core Worlds, Lore and Outer Rim) and Leadership with her human cross class skills in Brawl and Streetwise.

Her background is that she was part of an imperial family that fell foul of the Emperor when he Grandfather fled rather than face punishment from the Emperor so he jailed his family.

Her bodyguard and babysitter witnessing her family being arrested chose to abscond with the very young child and fled into the Outer Rim.

Now her Grandfather is based on the researcher from the Rebels series that Ezra thwarted when he shut down the Bridge between world.

He made use of a number of Mock Holocrons that functioned like Data Archives he uses for his memoirs and my character's favorite toy was one of these that she could easily take apart and rebuild so it was assumed a harmless toy until she succeeded in activating it during their flight off world.

The one she carried held records on his service during the Clone Wars and listed a number of bases and listening posts which were either mothballed or thought destroyed.

They used more than a couple of these on their passage into the outer rim using them to hold up and scavenge parts to pay for their passage.

However this caught the attention of someone who sent a pair of operatives to investigate with one claiming to be a member of my character's family.

This was proven false as they didn't recognize my character but still tried to steal the Mock Holocron.

Calling in his ally my character's guardian ordered her to flee seeking aid from an old friend of his (one of the other PCs) so my character wants to locate and rescue her captured parent whcih would eventually lead to discovering what happened to her biological family.

In addition she would be obsessed with discovering the secrets of her Grandfather's Holocron believing they will help her restore the family fortunes.

Is this too much as this isn't a combat character and is initially very weak I just hope its not unplayable.

What do you think?

My suggestions would be to:

A) Swap out Brawl for Ranged (Light).

B) Start with 2 ranks in Charm and Negotiation (you'd have to lose a rank in 2 of the Knowledge skills).

Otherwise, sounds just fine!

Had my first session no combat yet (phew! 😴 ) wasn't entirely useless despite my computer playing silly beggars!

As of end of the first session...

Let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance!

Character’s Name: Naomi Tu’Arte

Physical Description: Roughly 5’ 9” tall, about 162lbs in weight with dyed blue black hair, brown eyes and tanned.

Species/Gender: Near Human Female

Career/Specialities: Diplomat/Ambassador*

Characteristics

Brawn 2, Athletics -, Brawl 1, Melee -, Resilience -,

Agility 3, Coordination -, Gunnery -, Piloting/Planetary -, /Space -, Ranged/ Light 1, /Heavy -, Stealth -,

Intellect 3, Astrogation -, Computers -, Knowledge/ Core Worlds 1, /Education -, / Lore 1, /Outer Rim 1, /Underworld -, /Warfare -, /Xenology -, Mechanics -, Medicine -,

Cunning 2, Deception 1, Perception 1, Skulduggery -, Streetwise 1, Survival -,

Willpower 3, Coercion -, Discipline 1, Vigilance -,

Presence 2, Charm 1, Cool -, Leadership 1, Negotiation 1,

Derived Stats

Soak Value: 3 Wounds (12) , Strain (13) , Defence(m/r): -

Weapons

Hold Out Blaster (Ranged/Light) does 5 damage has short range and crits on a 4 with a Stun setting (normally employed).

Blaster Pistol (Ranged/Light) does 6 damage has medium range and crits on a 3 with a stun setting (openly holstered)

Motivations

Type: Family Legacy Is working towards locating and freeing her father and in the process restoring the family fortunes.

Obligations

Type: Family Magnitude: 10 Locating and rescuing her father with perhaps finding out what happened to her mother.

Type: Obsession Magnitude: 5 Uncovering the secrets hidden within the various Fake Holocrons her Grandfather used to record his memoirs.

Talents

Indistinguishable Upgrades difficulty of checks to identify the character once per rank of this talent possessed.

Equipment

Wears a suit of Heavy Clothing, in her utility bely she carries 5 Stimpacks, a Glow Rod, her night goggles and a reload for her hold out blaster.

On her belt she keeps her Hold Out Blaster holstered hidden under her jacket an openly holstered blaster pistol with a Datapad attached on her left side.

Credits: 65

Encumbrance/Threshold (7): 6

Secrets*

Born Niadem Nadia Tu’Arte her parents divorced when she was very young so she’s unaware her mother is a member of the Tarkin family.

Is a Force Sensitive Emergent.

Force Rating: 1

Force Powers: Foresee Well I can see why no one wants to buy this force power!

Edited by copperbell

Attachment is unavailable.

2 hours ago, WolfRider said:

Attachment is unavailable.

Amended above not sure why it doesn't work so copied in the details above.

Naomi Tuarte.jpg

Edited by copperbell

Can't help wondering whether I should focus more on her diplomatic career over the force emergent stuff?

Edited by copperbell