AntMan

By Terppa57, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Dont like the Ant man card, big problems for sleeving the card, taking out from the sleeve and so on...if buying second card pack, to take giant sized ant man as separate card, where do i find right sized card sleeve for the big card???? I use dragon shields because they are the best, so they dont have exatly same size card sleeve for the big card...thanks a lot FFG by screwing this up so badly.

24 minutes ago, Terppa57 said:

Dont like the Ant man card, big problems for sleeving the card, taking out from the sleeve and so on...if buying second card pack, to take giant sized ant man as separate card, where do i find right sized card sleeve for the big card???? I use dragon shields because they are the best, so they dont have exatly same size card sleeve for the big card...thanks a lot FFG by screwing this up so badly.

Have you watched any of the videos showing the durability of these cards or techniques for using two side-loader sleeves?

It’s ruined my life too 😂

No need to be sarcastic..grow up.

Just now, Terppa57 said:

No need to be sarcastic..grow up.

This is pretty ironic given this topic... I’m sure you’ll be able to cope...

Not helping...

1 hour ago, Terppa57 said:

Or you could just pray the big card by printing it. That's what I would do. Allows you to keep the original card in a sleeve all the time.

1 hour ago, Terppa57 said:

You should look into videos on the Transformers TCG three sided cards. People have solutions to this kind of card design. Also I believe FFG mentioned in a livestream that the Antman card is printed on a more durable card stock, that’s designed to be folded over and over again. Don’t hold me to that last part though.

It is the hero card. So it doesn’t get shuffled in the deck.
I may not sleeve it at all. Or I might get a pack of side sleeves.
It seems durable, but he also wants to flip a lot. So I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

But I am excited and think it’s a super neat idea.

3 hours ago, Terppa57 said:

Ultimate Guard Oversized or any 3.5"x5". As was mentioned check Transformers TCG wave 2 as they used a similar mechanic. Some Etsy stores had neat solutions also. Personally, I used a toploader with a flap on one side. I could cover the not in use form on the side that was intended to be two cards and then flip to the larger card on the back.

Come on ... it's a lot of fun!

The cards do not have to be sheathed, we do it to preserve them but it is not a law. The hero card will not shuffle with hero deck and will not spoil as much.

They have commented that the card will not be of the same material as the other cards to increase its durability and you can always use two sleeves and open them on one side if you don't want to remove it from the sleeve each time.

I think, this is a personal opinion, that they should have used the same method that they use in KeyForge for giant mutants, two separate independent cards. Both can be sheathed normally and just put one on top of the other as a mini-deck for the hero on the table.

Any material will always break on the part that is used as the hinge. With use and time I think I will end up with the card divided into two parts. It is not because I want it, it is a physical property of materials.

But it does not matter, when it is divided in two I will put each half in a sleeve and continue playing as if nothing else.

It's new, it's innovative and I really liked it.

It will be super fun to play your Ant-Man card and pop it open ...

Boom! now i'm a giant man, you're finish!

XD XD XD

Remember, this is a game, it's supposed to be fun.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:59 AM, Terppa57 said:

Not helping...

No reference to being the bigger man? 0/10.