Toys, Terrain & Tips

By Kolgarts_Miniatures, in Terrain Building

Hello! With there being lots of toys, model kits and premade terrain pieces put there, it's always fun to craft your own pieces.

I'm on the hunt for any kits and toys that work with a similar scale. Also have you got any tips and advice that may be helpful when creating terrain pieces?

What kind of planet surfaces are easiest to create, Sollust, Scarif, Jakku, Hoth, Endor?

Heres a piece I did using a Jedi Starfighter my friend sold me for very cheap

Instagram - Kolgarts_Miniatures

I like the DUST 1947 minis, though a variety of other "Weird War" minis might work. The scale isn't quite right, but some of the suits, mechs, and planes work well for Star Wars, and the aesthetic isn't as far off as you might think.

I've recently acquired a couple of Deagostini's Star Wars starships models. There's just a handful of those which are up / down to scale with Legion, but the ones that are are perfect for a Clone Wars table - BARC (slightly smaller than FFG's but on the other hand it follows the source material while FFG's looks like their own interpretation, so the two can go by as different series / models of the vehicle), AT-RT (just about exactly the same as FFG's) and Droid Tri-Fighter (obviously no equivalent in Legion, but will be playing a shot down individual anyways).

Those are made of metal and I'm not exactly sure what exactly to do with them, but they're sold second hand for roughly 5$ a piece, so there must be some good use for them!