Bind and prey on the weak

By Manteness, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Hello

I would like to take an advice in on manner - me and my team are playing force and destiny, lately one of players bought bind force power (pretty awesome). This player also owns a prey on the weak talent (add +1dmg to one hit of successful combat checks against disoriented targets per rank of prey on the weak).

My question is - Shall we add dmg from prey on the weak to bind attacks targeting disoriented target?

Thanks in advance

Reading the RAW (rules as written) I don't think that Bind is technically a combat check; it's a force-power check, So no, I would not add damage for Prey on the Weak for this. The main reason why I personally wouldn't allow it is that the damage ignores soak, and it could get very overpowered by buffs like Prey on the Weak .

Happy to be told I'm wrong if anyone has a different interpretation.

1 hour ago, SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics said:

Reading the RAW (rules as written) I don't think that Bind is technically a combat check; it's a force-power check, So no, I would not add damage for Prey on the Weak for this. The main reason why I personally wouldn't allow it is that the damage ignores soak, and it could get very overpowered by buffs like Prey on the Weak .

Happy to be told I'm wrong if anyone has a different interpretation.

Yeah, Bind isn't a combat check. Bind is a Force power check that can do damage.

I believe that the only Force power check that is also a combat check is Move with the Hurl upgrade.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yeah, Bind isn't a combat check. Bind is a Force power check that can do damage.

I believe that the only Force power check that is also a combat check is Move with the Hurl upgrade.

unleash is one too

3 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

unleash is one too

It does not call it a combat check, it says Force power check.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It does not call it a combat check, it says Force power check.

page 301 under unleash average range attack using discipline.

11 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

page 301 under unleash average range attack using discipline.

Huh. Somehow I missed that. My bad.

Geeze, my reading comprehension has just gone down the tubes as of late.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Huh. Somehow I missed that. My bad.

Geeze, my reading comprehension has just gone down the tubes as of late.

short discription doesnt cover it :)

7 hours ago, Daeglan said:

short discription doesnt cover it :)

I read the full thing, specifically looking for "ranged attack" and I missed it.

This does not make me happy. I used to be really good at this.