Anyone created stats for gnoll species?

By the mercenary, in Genesys

A friend of mine wants to try his hand at GMing. He's come up with his own setting that sounds kind of early Victorian steampunk. He's ok with my idea of playing a gnoll who was kicked out of his pack because the females considered him a threat (he's bigger and stronger than them, which is odd for gnolls) and his mentality and personality are atypical for the species.

Originally I'd thought that the Weequay from Star Wars had a stat block that looked right for gnolls ( B3 A2 I1 C3 W2 P1), a bite attack, and somewhere in the 70-90 neighborhood for starting XPbut I figured I'd see what other people have come up with.

Anyone know of a species write up that's already been done?

I have not seen gnolls as an archetype anywhere, but there is a minion and a rival version in the Genesys Adversaries site ( http://genesysadversaries.dylanpetrusma.com ) that @dipicacyx put together. Looking at that, the Weequay's rise in Brawn and drop in Int and Presence seem inline with expectations for the species. There's no bite attack, but there is Dark Vision and Rampage.

Edited by jendefer
typo

I sure did.

GNOLL (Minion)

Brawn 3 | Agility 2 | Intellect 2 | Cunning 3 | W illpower 2 | Presence 1

Skills (Group Only): Brawl, Coercion, Melee (Heavy), Survival, Vigilance.

Talents: None.

Abilities: Scent (Gnolls add <B><B> to any survival check to track a target by scent), Uncouth (When dealing with non-gnoll characters, a Gnoll adds <S> to any social skill check they make, other than Coercion).

Equipment: Bite (Brawl; Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [Engaged]; Vicious 1), Spear (Melee [Heavy]; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Accurate 1), Longbow (Ranged; Damage 8; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Unwieldy 3), Hide Armor (+1 Soak).

Edited by GM Hooly
On 8/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, GM Hooly said:

I sure did.

GNOLL (Minion)

Brawn 3 | Agility 2 | Intellect 2 | Cunning 3 | W illpower 2 | Presence 1

Skills (Group Only): Brawl, Coercion, Melee (Heavy), Survival, Vigilance.

Talents: None.

Abilities: Scent (Gnolls add <B><B> to any survival check to track a target by scent), Uncouth (When dealing with non-gnoll characters, a Gnoll adds <S> to any social skill check they make, other than Coercion).

Equipment: Bite (Brawl; Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [Engaged]; Vicious 1), Spear (Melee [Heavy]; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Accurate 1), Longbow (Ranged; Damage 8; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Unwieldy 3), Hide Armor (+1 Soak).

So how much XP would you start them with as a playable species?

On 8/21/2020 at 8:50 AM, jendefer said:

I have not seen gnolls as an archetype anywhere, but there is a minion and a rival version in the Genesys Adversaries site ( http://genesysadversaries.dylanpetrusma.com ) that @dipicacyx put together. Looking at that, the Weequay's rise in Brawn and drop in Int and Presence seem inline with expectations for the species. There's no bite attack, but there is Dark Vision and Rampage.

I've seen that and that's partly why I'd hoped someone had statted them as a playable species.

It seems like it's not going to matter, since we'll never get to actually play until he either gets a job that doesn't screw with his weekends or he starts working for himself.