Weapon Homebrew, Weird, Wacky and References

By Lord Dust, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

15 hours ago, Lord Dust said:

Healer's Stone
Dam|Crit |Hp |Special
0 |- |2 |Stun Damage
Additional Modifications
1x When using Heal or Protect, add [Light plip] to the check. 2x When wounds are restored to the user, increase the number of wounds by 1. 1x Talent Healing Trance.
Special Rules
When using Heal or Protect, add [Light plip] to the check. If the users Morality is 70+ add [Light plip][Light plip] instead.
Lightsabers with this crystal ignore soak.
This is a lightsaber crystal
Lore
Used by the Orders most dedicated healers, These Adagean crystals have become commonly know as Healer's Stones. Most Jedi view the crystals as little worth in combat, but that is rarely an issue for those who heal.
Rarety 7

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If it ignores Soak, it should have the Breach 1 quality. Why 0 damage? That makes Breach pretty pointless. I'd suggest changing it to 5; 2; Breach 1, Stun Damage.

For the mod options, I would include 2 Increase Damage by 1 Mods in place of the additional light pip mod, as 3 free pips is overpowered, in my opinion.

This one is designed to trade nearly all offensive power for limited, but powerful niche role. 0 damage feed in to the theme of healing/protecting above all other priorities. The lack of breach and sunder were intentional as it prevents damaging items/vehicles. The Light Force plips are there to allow access to the force with out being lock in to conflict on a bad roll and give the player a resource to use if they commit die with healing trance. The Morality bonus is to encourage lightside game play. The Force plips are only generated on a Heal or Protect check.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

I guess the concept is trading your sword to be your party's shield.

3 minutes ago, Lord Dust said:

This one is designed to trade nearly all offensive power for limited, but powerful niche role. 0 damage feed in to the theme of healing/protecting above all other priorities. The lack of breach and sunder were intentional as it prevents damaging items/vehicles. The Light Force plips are there to allow access to the force with out being lock in to conflict on a bad roll and give the player a resource to use if they commit die with healing trance. The Morality bonus is to encourage lightside game play. The Force plips are only generated on a Heal or Protect check.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

I guess the concept is trading your sword to be your party's shield.

I intentionally excluded Sunder since you set it to Stun Damage. I misremembered the stats for the training saber, thinking it had both Stun Damage and Breach.

I think you should give it something offensive, as it does not contribute in combat at all, requiring that the character carry a backup weapon or be left pretty much defenseless. If you don't want to give it Breach, give it Pierce 5 maybe 5 damage.

3 hours ago, Kainrath said:

I have no idea, haha. I’ll fix that. Thanks for the heads up!

Thought it was a sword bayonet.
Can I duct tape to my rifle?

2 hours ago, Lord Dust said:

Thought it was a sword bayonet.
Can I duct tape to my rifle?

You can do anything you want with duct tape 👍

8 hours ago, Kainrath said:

You can do anything you want with duct tape 👍

So something like:

This Weapon may be used as a weapon attachment costing 2 Hardpoints on any weapon that can reasonably have a bayonet duct taped to it.

7 hours ago, Lord Dust said:

So something like:

This Weapon may be used as a weapon attachment costing 2 Hardpoints on any weapon that can reasonably have a bayonet duct taped to it.

I'd say 1 HP given the HP requirement for other bayonets.

True

Worn Training Staff
Dam | Skill |Crit |Encum|Hp |Special
+1 | Melee |4 | 3 |2 |Knockdown
Special Rules
When this weapon's Knockdown quality is activated, the user may as a once per turn incidental, spend [advantage] to preform an attack targeting the same target with the following profile:

Dam|Crit |Special
+3 |2 | Concussive 1

This Weapon requires two hands to use.
Lore
This old training staff remembers the skills of those who mastered it and imparts some of that skill to the wielder.
Rarety 5

Goal: Represent a combo attack. Throw an opponent then hit them before they hit the ground, hard. Also testing putting pseudo talents on a weapon.