Thoughts on Parallel Scenarios for LOTR

By General_Grievous, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

After seeing today’s article about the new online print and play Arkham Horror Scenario it got me thinking How cool it would be to have something like that for our game. A hero redone with a different ability and/or stats and maybe a card or two different with an accompanying quest. So for the mere fun of it what kind of hero redo/accompanying quest would you guys like to see?

For me personally I would love to see Na'asiyah get a new version along with a new sailing quest. My thoughts on a redo for hers would be:

Na'asiyah

8 Threat

Tactics
Willpower 1

Attack 2

Defense 2

Hit Points 4

Corsair, Warrior

Response, After Na'asiyah participates in an attack that destroys an enemy, add one resource to her resource pool. If that enemy had any resource tokens on it, add these to her pool as well.

Action: Spend a resource to ready Na’asiyah, limit once per phase.

I think this version of her would be a cool interaction with many of the Corsair enemies in the game so she could pillage their loot and use it to ready herself.

For accompanying cards:

Ally

Corsair Mercenary

Tactics

Cost 0

Willpower 2

Attack 2

Defense 2

Hit Points 3

Forced: At the end of the round you must pay a resource or place Corsair Mercenary into the staging area and it loses the Ally type and gains the enemy type with threat equal to its willpower.

Attachment

Cutlass

Cost 1

Attach to a Corsair Hero

Restricted, limit one per hero

The attached hero gains +1 Attack for each resource on it.

Event

Spoils of War

Tactics

Cost 0

Action: Place a resource token on each Non-creature enemy in play. After that enemy is defeated, the attacking player adds that resource to one of its heroes resource pools.

And the quest would be sailing into the Northern Waters to break the ice and chart uncharted waters in search of a lost treasure ship.

So how about you guys, what would you like to see?

I like your card ideas. Nontheless, the game allready has reoccuring characters`?! E.g. Gimli has two hero versions and one ally version.

22 hours ago, Flrbb said:

I like your card ideas. Nontheless, the game allready has reoccuring characters`?! E.g. Gimli has two hero versions and one ally version.

Thanks! I think the only difference for this version is it’s the same sphere instead of a different one like is the norm. Plus accompanying cards/quest.