Questions About the Imperial Advisor and other chosens

By ADGabriel, in Lore Discussion

I recently had serious doubts about the imperial adviser and the emperor's chosen ones in general:

-> Who is under the command of the counselor (his servants) and where his power resides in general.

-> When you are nominated to be chosen by the emperor, do you lose your daymio title or does he remain?

Anyone who can answer, I would appreciate it very much.

You don't automatically lose any other title. You might give it up to have enough time to dedicate yourself to your new duties, though.

22 minutes ago, Myrion said:

You don't automatically lose any other title. You might give it up to have enough time to dedicate yourself to your new duties, though.

We have a specific example, in fact.

Doji Satsume was Crane Clan Champion, Emerald Champion and Doji Daimyo.

Toshimoko and Yoshi talked (pestered) him into resigning the former post in favour of his daughter Hotaru, but he held all three for a non-trivial period of time.

The Imperial Advisor doesn't really have specific servants. They (I could say 'she' as both the ones we're aware of are female) exist to provide the Emperor with a private confidante they can discuss matters with without the rules and protocol of formal court.

They have a huge amount of influence due to daily access to the Emperor, but we haven't really seen any sign they have a specific role or much legal power outside this in the way that, say, the Chancellor (who chairs the court and decides what petitions make it onto the agenda) does.

Edited by Magnus Grendel
8 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

We have a specific example, in fact.

Doji Satsume was Crane Clan Champion, Emerald Champion and Doji Daimyo.

Toshimoko and Yoshi talked (pestered) him into resigning the former post in favour of his daughter Hotaru, but he held all three for a non-trivial period of time.

The Imperial Advisor doesn't really have specific servants. They (I could say 'she' as both the ones we're aware of are female) exist to provide the Emperor with a private confidante they can discuss matters with without the rules and protocol of formal court.

They have a huge amount of influence due to daily access to the Emperor, but we haven't really seen any sign they have a specific role or much legal power outside this in the way that, say, the Chancellor (who chairs the court and decides what petitions make it onto the agenda) does.

oh yes, i'm currently in a game where i'm getting the title of advisor, i'm a daymio of the miya but now i'm just staying as advisor and i don't know exactly what are my servants or my power in the imperial bureaucracy

The advisor title doesn't specifically give you power - but as you are 'advisor to [insert-name-here]-sama' you get some of their authority by proxy. I believe an advisor can appoint a Yojimbo bodyguard, too.

If you're still a daimyo, you have authority over whatever town or castle or vassal family you are daimyo of .

15 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

The advisor title doesn't specifically give you power - but as you are 'advisor to [insert-name-here]-sama' you get some of their authority by proxy. I believe an advisor can appoint a Yojimbo bodyguard, too.

If you're still a daimyo, you have authority over whatever town or castle or vassal family you are daimyo of .

Thank you for your help, very appreciated!