Units using Vader’s courage ‘-‘ stat

By Necropocalypse, in Rules

Hello!

I have only just picked up the game and have a query regarding Darth Vader’s ‘-‘ Courage value.

If a unit of Stormtroopers is within range 1-3 of Vader, they can use his Courage instead of their own. Because Vader doesn’t generate Suppression tokens, my understanding is that the stormtroopers DO generate then, but are immune to the effects like losing an action or routing because of Vader’s proximity to them - and his menacing aura! Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Almost, the stormtroopers around Vader would still gain Supression tokens as usual and will still lose their second action from being suppressed but because they are within range 3 of Vader they can never panic and flee, basically they are more scared of Vader than of the enemy. As soon as Vader is dead though they can panic again.

Thank you for your response. So I was half way there :) I have another skirmish against Rebel Scum this weekend so will bear this one mind.

Edited by Necropocalypse
Spelling mistake.
2 hours ago, Necropocalypse said:

Thank you for your response. So I was half way there :) I have another skirmish against Rebel Scum this weekend so will bear this one mind.

Make those Rebels pay!

2 hours ago, oreet said:

Make those Rebels pay!

Hahaha they paid dearly last time. Only young Skywalker remained.

thematic then