All Or Nothing

By SGPrometheus, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

21 hours ago, OC Architect said:

I sent out to a 'professional' card printing place but it is worth experimenting at home

Is there someone that you would recommend for printing the print and play cards? I'd love to have decent versions of them that are fairly indistinguishable to the standard cards, and would happily pay to get them. I had suggested on the FFG Facebook page and in an email to Mr. Newman that they release them as a charity fundraiser -- for a few bucks get printed versions of them. Sadly no one every responded. Could have raised a decent amount of money. Daisy came out in the height of pandemic panic. They could have raised money for research or even supporting local game stores that had to close due to the pandemic. I dunno -- just seemed like a missed opportunity.

Anyways, any advice on places that can print them decently well?

This is the first time I will be trying this so I can't really speak to the quality of the prints. I am anticipating getting these relatively soon and can let everyone know. I assume that it will be pretty close to FFG's in house printing quality. I am using makeplayingcards.com as somebody had already set up both the Daisy Walker and Skids sets to get them all in one bunch.

If anyone is interested I can post the link to where you just go in and order it.

Thanks,

RM

Yes post the link :P

55 minutes ago, OC Architect said:

If anyone is interested I can post the link to where you just go in and order it.

Yes, please share it! 😃

Here you go. This is the link to the original reddit post (I hope that it is ok to post here):

Parallel Investigators

This is not my link so I did not work on this or put this together I just printed it out as it was made available. You need an account to order the cards which is free. Also, this is a community file so if you make changes to it the changes will save and everyone will then have the changed file so it was suggested to not make any changes to it.

Hope that helps.

RM

It does help! I just ordered a few sets for myself and my friends. I messaged the original poster of those if he would consider putting up the GenCon print and play Burn After Reading along with the print and play versions of the Taboos, which I had never seen before. There they were in the Player Resources section of the LCG page here on FFG's site:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-the-card-game/

Here is a link to the cards themselves:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/4b/71/4b71c6d8-0317-4a25-afd8-044f379bf970/taboos_17-compressed.pdf
Did anyone else see those before? That was news to me! It would be nice to have those printed. I like how they all say "Mutated." on them to signify they are Taboo changes.

Thanks a ton man! Got them all set up for myself >.< can’t wait to get them :)

On 8/16/2020 at 10:53 AM, OC Architect said:

I will give that a try. The print quality remains pretty good? My printer at home is not great but I do have some other options to print and play at home. The cards for All or Nothing and Read or Die (sensing a theme here in these titles) I sent out to a 'professional' card printing place but it is worth experimenting at home.

Thanks,

RM

Yes, we found that the screen shot quality is actually better than the link FFG provided. I don’t know if it’s the file from the FFG link to the printer, and the word doc is a more clear file, or if it is just whole process. It could be my phone which is an iPhone 11, I’m not sure if the upgraded camera does a better job on screen shots. The other nice thing is that you can adjust them for color or brightness of you want to.

Whew - after what seemed like a considerable amount of time my cards arrived this afternoon. I got notice quite awhile back that my print order was completed and was 'shipped' with tracking. It took about another week for the post office to get the packaged and was delivered within a few days.

Quality of the cards is pretty nice I must say. Colors are a tad bit muted and don't seem to have the depth the FFG's cards have but that could be more to do with the finish applied to the cards then anything else. They look and feel great and compared to the originals I don't feel that you could distinguish the backs of them if they were shuffled into a deck unsleeved to play with - however! You probably won't be able to do that as the cards a tad bit wider than FFG cards but the height is the same. I am wondering if this is more of a setup issue than anything else and if there is an option to lessen the width they would probably be spot on. Still fit in standard sleeves and considering their width actually fit better than FFG cards. They are snug within KMC perfect fits but you don't have to jam them in there. When holding the stack of cards they did seem to have a bit more heft to them which I attribute to them being slightly wider and so more material per card. The edges are not quite as smooth as FFG's and more akin to their own in house print and play cards (Rugarou).

Overall very happy with the cards and glad I got them considering that I assume FFG will continue on with these print and play scenarios.

RM