Droids: How Many HQ Uplinks?

By Derpzilla88, in Army Building

For Separatist lists, I know HQ Uplink is huge for chaining orders through the droids and not suffer from AI, but I'm curious how many HQ Uplinks people think should be run. I was only able to get a couple games in after the Clone Wars core set release before the pandemic put everything on lockdown, but I had been running two squads with HQ Uplinks in the games I was able to get in. It seems like most Separatist lists only run a single squad with it, but is a second one good for redundancy? Is it good to have a second uplink since the squads carrying it are such high-priority targets? Or is one enough to keep the order chains going if it's put into a safe position?

it really depends on personal preference and how well you're able to hide the unit from getting completely wiped out. I've ran both. It's nice to have a fallback, most of the lists you'll see probably only have one. But most of those are for more "practiced" or more competitive players (or those aspiring to be such). If I have points, I like to have both because I play all the factions irregularly, and usually mess up my placement at least once during a game. Or you can take neither and just adapt on those turns. If you have a unit dedicated to chaining (no other upgrades) usually one is all you need.

1. Start chain

2. Recover

3. Move into position to do it next turn.

Edited by buckero0