Game Too Easy?

By Admin2112, in Arkham Horror

I’ve been playing Arkham Horror quite a bit recently with my younger brother and we have a blast every time! However, we’ve never lost the game nor have one of our characters died. It’s actually been incredibly easy to win the game each time we’ve done it. I’m almost certain it’s not because we’re just naturally good at the game. We’ve only been playing with two people which makes the mythos cup far less impactful each round. Is there some rule we might be missing which makes the game substantially harder?

Probably... though I agree the game is harder with more investigators.

It’s a bit hard to tell what you might be playing wrong without seeing you play

Perhaps look at some YouTube playthroughs, or read through some of the play by forum threads on BGG. On YouTube I’ve watched the ones by Catweazle and George A, and can recommend those.

21 hours ago, Admin2112 said:

I’ve been playing Arkham Horror quite a bit recently with my younger brother and we have a blast every time! However, we’ve never lost the game nor have one of our characters died. It’s actually been incredibly easy to win the game each time we’ve done it. I’m almost certain it’s not because we’re just naturally good at the game. We’ve only been playing with two people which makes the mythos cup far less impactful each round. Is there some rule we might be missing which makes the game substantially harder?

The player count can change the difficulty.

The mythos cup is designed to punish the investigators equally regardless of how many are in the game.

Are you playing the same investigators each time? Some of them are better than others at certain things. I find the game near impossible without 1 survivor (fighter) or mystic (wizard?) per 1 other investigator.