Shadowsheath Compatibility

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So I finally got the FaD CRB, managing to find it at a miraculously low price, and have a question regarding the classifications for Weapon vs. Lightsaber Attachments.

Superior Weapon Customization is separated from Superior Hilt Personalization, even though they do exactly the same thing with exactly identical costs and stats.

So my question is about the Shadowsheath: It says "any weapon with an encumbrance of 2 or less." Does this attachment work for lightsabers, or only the ranged/melee weapons that Superior Weapon Customization applies to? When I first saw it, I was thinking it would be for hiding lightsabers, but now I'm not so sure it applies. I think it should apply, but I'd like to know what the RAW is.

Based on how the book lays out attachments and that Superior is duplicated, I’d say that Weapon attachments are for non-lightsaber weapons, and lightsaber attachments are for lightsabers. Based on what we see in the movies it wouldn’t apply either. I didn’t see anyone putting their lightsaber in a holster or sheath - they hang from your belt by the d-ring at the bottom of the hilt.

That being said, why couldn’t someone put their lightsaber in an optical camo sheath? I’d allow it at my table, but then I say to **** with the movies, the mouse, and JJ. It won’t break the game.

7 hours ago, Mike J said:

Based on how the book lays out attachments and that Superior is duplicated, I’d say that Weapon attachments are for non-lightsaber weapons, and lightsaber attachments are for lightsabers. Based on what we see in the movies it wouldn’t apply either. I didn’t see anyone putting their lightsaber in a holster or sheath - they hang from your belt by the d-ring at the bottom of the hilt.

That being said, why couldn’t someone put their lightsaber in an optical camo sheath? I’d allow it at my table, but then I say to **** with the movies, the mouse, and JJ. It won’t break the game.

Fair points. Thank you!

I would allow it. Pre FoD there was no distinction between weapon mods and lightsaber mods. This is where I would give a poorly worded reason why, but I will skip it and shorten it to this:

Any weapon can use a weapon mod, even lightsabers, but only lightsaber can use lightsaber mods.