Dual Wielding question

By TrevinoKing, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Reading over the rule book i had a question on the dual wielding aspect.

12.2: If the hero chooses multiple items, all items that they choose must have at least one stat in common, and the chosen state must match an icon that is on all of the items that the hero has chosen

I know with Gandolf he starts off with two weapons but they are of different traits so he can't use them at the same time. However if he had two weapons that tested either might or wisdom he could use both in his attacks.

My question is how does that work? Let's just say Gandolf had two weapons that tested his wisdom and during the test he gets 2 successes. Do those two successes get applied to both weapons in two separate attacks? Or for the wisdom test does he draw 4 cards each weapon in two separate attacks?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested in learning more about the dual wielding aspect of the game and would like to get your thoughts on this. Thanks again :)

IMG_5527 (2).jpg

However many successes you produce by testing the chosen attack stat can be used to resolve abilities on either weapon that tests that stat. For example, let's pretend the Sword in your picture also tested Wisdom: you choose to test Wisdom for the attack, reveal 4 cards, and produce 2 successes. You could use those two successes for for 2 hits, stun (Walking Stick), 5 hits (Sword), or 4 hits (2 from first line of the WS, plus 2 from the first line of the Sword).

The main advantages of dual wielding are that you get a higher damage ceiling (if you can generate enough successes) and that you have more flexibility in that you can choose from a greater pool of weapon abilities when attacking.

6 minutes ago, Birdman137 said:

However many successes you produce by testing the chosen attack stat can be used to resolve abilities on either weapon that tests that stat. For example, let's pretend the Sword in your picture also tested Wisdom: you choose to test Wisdom for the attack, reveal 4 cards, and produce 2 successes. You could use those two successes for for 2 hits, stun (Walking Stick), 5 hits (Sword), or 4 hits (2 from first line of the WS, plus 2 from the first line of the Sword).

The main advantages of dual wielding are that you get a higher damage ceiling (if you can generate enough successes) and that you have more flexibility in that you can choose from a greater pool of weapon abilities when attacking.

That is extremely awesome! Thank you for replying with this great info :D