The Best Keyforge Art

By D351, in KeyForge

So, to celebrate Gen Con Online, I finally picked up my copy of the Secrets of the Crucible. I love it so much, but I was shocked to find this gorgeous map of The Local Group that I'd never seen before as well as this map of Hub City. How are these not already available as playmats? So yeah, I started a thread to suggest that KeyForge should have playmats available of The Local Group, and maybe Hub City. I love a good playmat map, and this is one of the only card games I know of (let alone play regularly) that has maps in existence that are specific to the setting. Feel free to discuss why I'm right or other KeyForge art you'd like to see available as a playmat.

Imma guess that the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Mat didn't well enough to warrant a similar product for Secrets of the Crucible. The best I think we would get is a generic Genesys Roleplaying Game Mat.

If the idea is to make a playmat for Keyforge the card game, then that goes against the House element that makes allows players to self-identify with the current play mats. "Dis is my favorite" and "I'm such a Brobnar today" can be funneled into those playmats much easier than an impressive map that you will have to explain more than "This art is of my favorite house/card(s)."

I also want this map-mat to be a thing. However, I don't think we are going to get it. Any product needs to make money and this didn't succeed even with the official Star Wars logo on it.

1 hour ago, HaphazardNinja said:

Imma guess that the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Mat didn't well enough to warrant a similar product for Secrets of the Crucible. The best I think we would get is a generic Genesys Roleplaying Game Mat.

If the idea is to make a playmat for Keyforge the card game, then that goes against the House element that makes allows players to self-identify with the current play mats. "Dis is my favorite" and "I'm such a Brobnar today" can be funneled into those playmats much easier than an impressive map that you will have to explain more than "This art is of my favorite house/card(s)."

I also want this map-mat to be a thing. However, I don't think we are going to get it. Any product needs to make money and this didn't succeed even with the official Star Wars logo on it.

I didn't know the Star Wars one existed. I was just thinking of a normal mat for the card game, because, yeah, I don't think there's much of a market for playmats for RPGs. That said, that SW one is super cool, and I would definitely buy this map as a similar playmat.

My favorite art in KeyForge is the Ghosthawk.