Lore Question

By ExpandingUniverse, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

Long story short. Eyeing game up for some time and due to Edge taking over with a void of news so far (did you like what I did there?) I have bought the Core, Setting Splat and some dice.. I'm assuming that Emerald Empire gives GMs and Players a History Lesson of some sort. I've not approached anything remotely L5R since Drums of War, so that's 2006 (as I Ogled the release date)..

yes Emerald Empire has lore. as does the core. as does the splat books. Crab in the Shadowlands, Crane in Courts of Stone. Phoenix in Celestial Order, Writ of the Wilds will have the Dragon and Fields of Battle will have the Lion.

The Last Province Podcast has a lot of great lore discussions.

Cheers guys... much appreciated.

Worst case scenario, you can also take the Imperial Histories and Imperial Histories 2 from 4th edition to get a glimpse of some of the periods not currently explained by FFG.

Emerald Empire is good.

Also take into consideration that FFG rebooted the timeline, so depending on what you you remember from back then most of it will be really familiar.

13 hours ago, Suzume Chikahisa said:

Emerald Empire is good.

Also take into consideration that FFG rebooted the timeline, so depending on what you you remember from back then most of it will be really familiar.

Indeed. Most fiction is posted on FFGs page to give you background on big political events like "The Edict" (which deserves it's capital letters).

I bought in with Imperial Edition and a few boosters, played only for fun like swapping out Personalities and Items etc for theme decks - Shugenja, Monks, Samurai, Combat Decks, Court Decks... played it to death with my dad,, good times, he's 75 now!!!

Took a break and returned with Drums of War... then... woman, marriage, children. I can't moan once the kids grew up we converted the small room into my 'Walk In Gaming Cupboard'. Always liked ther setting and the artwork...

The artwork has always been amazing.