Bouncing Gigantic creatures

By Simplegarak, in KeyForge

Quick question some of us had. Are gigantic creatures considered to have all the features of both halves?

Example: Troop call ("Return each friendly Niffle creature from... to your hand.") If Niffle Kong died earlier and both halves are in my discard pile, can I return both of them to my hand? Or with Resurgence ("Return a creature from your discard pile to your hand. If that creature is a Mutant, return another creature from your discard pile to hand.") Do i have to use both of those actions to return both halves of Niffle Kong? (return bottom half, it has "mutant" so then I can return top half) Or can both halves of him return with the first part, then bounce someone else with the 2nd?

Both halves of a gigantic creature have the same title, house, and card type. Otherwise, each half has the attributes printed on it: the top half has bonus icons, while the bottom half has power, armor, and the text box.

This bit of the rules for Gigantic means that both halves of a Niffle Kong would have the name "Niffle Kong", both are of House Untamed, and both halves are creatures.

Only the bottom half has the text box, which includes the traits.

Troop Call would return only the bottom half of Niffle Kong from the discard pile, since only that half has the Niffle Trait. (It would return both halves from play, since it's only one creature while in play.) With Resurgence , you could return the bottom half of Niffle Kong (the half that is a Mutant), then return the top half, since it also counts as a creature. Resurgence would NOT work to return both halves of Ultra Gravitron , because it is not a mutant creature.

Edited by blinkingline
On 8/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, blinkingline said:

This bit of the rules for Gigantic means that both halves of a Niffle Kong would have the name "Niffle Kong", both are of House Untamed, and both halves are creatures.

Only the bottom half has the text box, which includes the traits.

Troop Call would return only the bottom half of Niffle Kong from the discard pile, since only that half has the Niffle Trait. (It would return both halves from play, since it's only one creature while in play.) With Resurgence , you could return the bottom half of Niffle Kong (the half that is a Mutant), then return the top half, since it also counts as a creature. Resurgence would NOT work to return both halves of Ultra Gravitron , because it is not a mutant creature.

Ok, that was my suspicion on stuff. And 2nd part of resurgence could work on either half of ultra gravitron, but you can't get both with the card. Good to know.