Hammerheads!

By Aahz 1, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Did a repaint of one of the standard Hammerheads to match the red version from Rebels:

4ID62Ix.jpg

pFdr3O3.jpg

The problem I've always had with this model is that it isn't the version from Rogue One - which has to be the more famous version. In any case, @melminiatures to the rescue!

BZkjBhQ.jpg

ZBE6gAv.jpg

All My Hammerheads! (a new soap opera, set in the Star Wars universe, coming soon to Disney+. LOL)

YV2wNae.jpg

Edited by Aahz 1
Because my friend's comment made me laugh

Love them, especially the panel lines and clean flats! Did you pinwash them on a light grey base coat, or did you use a heavy grey drybrush over a black/dark grey base coat?

Thanks!

For the new models, I used a white spray primer first, then did a light grey base coat (Army Painter, Spaceship Exterior), watered down a little to keep it smooth. Then added all the colors (other than engine glow). After that, I did a wash (Army Painter, Dark Tone), giving it a thorough bath, letting it dry for a couple minutes, then using a dry brush to pull off too much excess, letting it dry again for a couple of minutes, then went over it with another wet brush to to clean it off a little where it was "too dirty." I was very pleased to get all that line detail just with the wash once fully dried. The models from Mel's had a lot of really nice detail to pull out.

I found that that combination (Spaceship Exterior plus Dark Tone wash) got a base very close to the "standard" model base color.

@melminiatures Hammerhead might be my second favorite of all my Mel's ships and I have quite a few. My AFM1 V6 is probably my favorite. The ISD 1 refit is also great although quite different as it is just a part of a ship. If I can make my hammerhead list more viable I will definitely get more of Mel's Hammerheads.